nosweargamer

NSG's Retro Comic Book & Magazine Ad Scans

I should send you one of those for a review because it's a terrible design.  The dome kind of tips just a little in each direction.  You expect it to kind of "roll".  I can't think of a single game that this would work for.  It's just too slow and cumbersome.  It makes you question whether anyone at Quickshot ever tried their own device.  As AVGN would say:  WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? 

Just now, RickR said:

I should send you one of those for a review because it's a terrible design.  The dome kind of tips just a little in each direction.  You expect it to kind of "roll".  I can't think of a single game that this would work for.  It's just too slow and cumbersome.  It makes you question whether anyone at Quickshot ever tried their own device.  As AVGN would say:  WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? 

Wow, that does sound bad! At first I thought they were some sort of trakball. That would've been interesting!

32 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

Thrashin' on Videocassette.

I've never seen it, but I'm guessing it's pretty rad...

It's supposed to be pretty rad -- looks like Tony Hawk and other boarders are in it. I haven't watched it, but I remember the seeing the cover of the box back in the 80s, very iconic poster. I didn't know that Josh Brolin was in it.

STRIPE! I was solving the puzzle in my head and it took me a while and a bit of frustration. I originally had one of the letters as an H instead of R. 

Back to NSG's question -- no, I stuck with the original. I do recall eating striped cookies made by the Keebler Elves though.

That is by far the most bizarre, over-dramatic and unrealistic advert I have ever seen. It makes Puppy-Monkey-Baby seem like one of those tame arthritis medication commercials, where all they do is walk in the park with their grandkids and play golf.