Jump to content

Who loves orange pop?


Justin
 Share

Do you like orange pop?  

10 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like orange pop?

    • YES
      10
    • NO
      0


Recommended Posts

t-mcdonalds-fanta-orange 2.jpg

 

Who else loves orange soda? I was in Cub Scouts in elementary school and the parents of one of the other guys in our troop owned a McDonald's franchise. It was cool because every time we had a big event, they'd sponsor our troop with a big Gott cooler of orange pop. It was the big orange cooler you see on construction sites with the nozzle and paper cups. We always called orange pop "Bug Juice" growing up. Anyone else have fun memories of this drink or enjoy it today?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great topic.

I'm a first gen American.  My parents immigrated in the early '60's, and I grew up in a mostly non-English speaking household.  I will tell you this much -- ANY chance to sample what the "American" kids loved was always a blessed treasure to me.  I distinctly remember trying all those kind of things for the first time.  Orange Soda, PB&J sandwiches, ice cream bars, etc.  I would usually never let on that I'd never had such things, but I'll bet my raised eyebrows gave me away.  I'd be at a birthday party or whatever, and something like that would come out.  Orange soda?  Yes, please!  Root beer?  OMG, that was the best thing I ever tasted.  Root beer float?  Lil' RickR's head explodes!

Orange soda rocks, and I will still drink it today if it's offered to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Justin said:

t-mcdonalds-fanta-orange 2.jpg

 

Who else loves orange soda? I was in Cub Scouts in elementary school and the parents of one of the other guys in our troop owned a McDonald's franchise. It was cool because every time we had a big event, they'd sponsor our troop with a big Gott cooler of orange pop. It was the big orange cooler you see on construction sites with the nozzle and paper cups. We always called orange pop "Bug Juice" growing up. Anyone else have fun memories of this drink or enjoy it today?

hi justin,

its actually orange cream soda is on of my favoritie pops.

 

boylans orange cream soda is to die for, goose island is not bad. i have not tried virgils yet. but they have cane sugar, so i only imbibe rarely.

 

so far no orange cream soda in the stevia pop world yet, there is virgils orange which is ok, but its not a cream soda. virgils zero cram soda is very good, i consider it liquid gold.

 

lance

www.atarisales.com

 

 

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RickR said:

Great topic.

I'm a first gen American.  My parents immigrated in the early '60's, and I grew up in a mostly non-English speaking household.  I will tell you this much -- ANY chance to sample what the "American" kids loved was always a blessed treasure to me.  I distinctly remember trying all those kind of things for the first time.  Orange Soda, PB&J sandwiches, ice cream bars, etc.  I would usually never let on that I'd never had such things, but I'll bet my raised eyebrows gave me away.  I'd be at a birthday party or whatever, and something like that would come out.  Orange soda?  Yes, please!  Root beer?  OMG, that was the best thing I ever tasted.  Root beer float?  Lil' RickR's head explodes!

Orange soda rocks, and I will still drink it today if it's offered to me. 

hi rickr,

 

 awesome. try this root beer if you can. its from my neck of the woods, so you would have to have it shipped,

 

https://www.1919rootbeer.com/

 

this is also liquid gold. i know a bar that sells more of this, than beer.

 

lance

www.atarisales.com

 

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, HDN said:

Orange pop is amazing. I'll always prefer the diet stuff though. I know I'm going to get dementia before I'm 30, but it's worth it. Diet pop is my true love.

I think you are wise to avoid the sugar, to be honest.  The  typical can of regular soda has 20-30g of sugar!  In general, that's why I'll only partake in these things once in a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, RickR said:

I think you are wise to avoid the sugar, to be honest.  The  typical can of regular soda has 20-30g of sugar!  In general, that's why I'll only partake in these things once in a while. 

Not so much the sugar. I don't really care to be honest. I just like how the diet stuff is thinner and less sticky. When I drink the regular stuff it somehow makes me thirstier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I loved Fanta as a little kid in Korea. We only had the orange one in Korea iirc. I have a 43 year old story about orange Fanta... 

 

📖 Once upon a time, there was an eight year old boy who had newly immigrated to the US in April of 1977, just in time to partake in May the historic cultural event that forever changed the US and the world over -- the premiere of Star Wars. But this story isn't about that event. This story centers on a very unassuming and ordinary circumstance, one that people engage in daily, but for one little boy who had been in the country for only 6-8 months and possessed very limited English communication skills, nothing could be taken for granted as ordinary.

One day, he followed his classmates to Burger King for lunch (open campus elementary school back in the late 70s, just bring a note from home). He got in line to order lunch along with his classmates. When it was his turn, he saw a familiar drink on the menu and promptly asked for "oh-wren-jee."

"What?" Burger King's assistant replied.

"Oh-wren-jee," repeated the newly transplanted little Korean boy.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh-wren-jee." What's wrong with this person? Why doesn't he understand? I said 오렌지. That's what the drink is called.

After the miscommunication ensued for another round of exchange, one of the little boy's classmates stepped in and said, "Orange. He wants the orange soda."

 

==== end part 1====

Saving part 2 for another day and what happened after the boy received his orange soda

Edited by socrates63
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

I loved Fanta as a little kid in Korea. We only had the orange one in Korea iirc. I have a 43 year old story about orange Fanta... 

 

📖 Once upon a time, there was an eight year old boy who had newly immigrated to the US in April of 1977, just in time to partake in May the historic cultural event that forever changed the US and the world over -- the premiere of Star Wars. But this story isn't about that event. This story centers on a very unassuming and ordinary circumstance, one that people engage in daily, but for one little boy who had been in the country for only 6-8 months and possessed very limited English communication skills, nothing could be taken for granted as ordinary.

One day, he followed his classmates to Burger King for lunch (open campus elementary school back in the late 70s, just bring a note from home). He got in line to order lunch along with his classmates. When it was his turn, he saw a familiar drink on the menu and promptly asked for "oh-wren-jee."

"What?" Burger King's assistant replied.

"Oh-wren-jee," repeated the newly transplanted little Korean boy.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh-wren-jee." What's wrong with this person? Why doesn't he understand? I said 오랜지. That's what the drink is called.

After the miscommunication ensued for another round of exchange, one of the little boy's classmates stepped in and said, "Orange. He wants the orange soda."

 

==== end part 1====

Saving part 2 for another day and what happened after the boy received his orange soda

LOVE IT!  I probably would have been that kid next to you trying to translate and teach.  "Let's work on Whopper Jr. next." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Grape Fanta is another one I like.  Has anyone tried Pineapple Fanta?

 

Pinapple Fanta.jpg

Dude, they make pineapple Fanta? I've had the pineapple Faygo stuff before at gas stations, but I didn't know Fanta made it as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

oooh I love 🍍 drinks. Didn't know about this one. Although I only drink diet soda, I'd make an exception to try pineapple Fanta.

I mostly drink diet as well, but this is one of only a few regular sodas I'll drink as there's no diet option that I know of. I like to try the weirder sodas sometimes. Nothing against regular stuff; I just think diet tastes better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm old enough to remember when Sunkist was released!

Since I'm older, I'm converted to 99.999%*** diet soda. I realize that's not particularly good for me either, but in my mind, it's better than all the HFCS & calories that comes from regular soda.

***The exceptions are Mexican Coca Cola (real cane sugar!), Mountain Dew Pitch Black (if it ever comes back) and other interesting flavors that don't have a diet version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, StormSurge said:

I'm old enough to remember when Sunkist was released!

Since I'm older, I'm converted to 99.999%*** diet soda. I realize that's not particularly good for me either, but in my mind, it's better than all the HFCS & calories that comes from regular soda.

***The exceptions are Mexican Coca Cola (real cane sugar!), Mountain Dew Pitch Black (if it ever comes back) and other interesting flavors that don't have a diet version.

Canadian sodas are similar to Mexico -- no "HFCS".  What's interesting is that it applies to other Canadian products too.  For example, ketchup in Canada tastes a lot different because...no HFCS. 

But in general, I'm doing as you do.  Skipping full-strength and going with a diet soda.  But on special occasions, I'll go with the real deal. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this is similar, but it is orange flavored. McDonald's had HiC Orange Lavaburst, which is basically orange pop. They were (as far as I know) like the only place to carry it. A few years ago they decided to discontinue it and it was replaced with some tropical flavored Sprite. What the heck. The HiC was popular, and even my dad, who never drinks things like that, loved it and would sometimes make trips there just for the HiC. He was really bummed when it was discontinued, as I remember a lot of people were when it was announced. 

Ah, and now I'm thinking about French fries.

 

image.png

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gianna said:

I'm not sure if this is similar, but it is orange flavored. McDonald's had HiC Orange Lavaburst, which is basically orange pop. They were (as far as I know) like the only place to carry it. A few years ago they decided to discontinue it and it was replaced with some tropical flavored Sprite. What the heck. The HiC was popular, and even my dad, who never drinks things like that, loved it and would sometimes make trips there just for the HiC. He was really bummed when it was discontinued, as I remember a lot of people were when it was announced. 

Ah, and now I'm thinking about French fries.

 

image.png

image.jpeg

I think that's a fruit punch rather than an orange pop. Isn't it just orange flavored Hi-C? I'm pretty sure they'd offer Hi-C as a fruit punch drink, and then orange pop as something else, more carbonated. 

12 hours ago, Gianna said:

Ah, and now I'm thinking about French fries.

You do this every time 🍟

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Justin said:

I think that's a fruit punch rather than an orange pop. Isn't it just orange flavored Hi-C? I'm pretty sure they'd offer Hi-C as a fruit punch drink, and then orange pop as something else, more carbonated. 

You are 100% right. It is a orangy fruit punch, not very carbonated. The sprite one isn't a true orange pop either I believe. I hate the pops at McD's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Join the Atari Party! :donkey_kong_big:

    How lucky are you that you've finally found this place?
    It's time to join the best kept secret in classic gaming.
    Membership is limited, so let's get started! :wreck-it-ralph:

     

×
×
  • Create New...