Cilantro: friend or foe?

HDN

Cilantro will always be one of my favorite flavors. Whenever I get Mexican street tacos or something I make sure to pile that sky-high with cilantro and onions, and then drown it in lime. MMMMM!

But a couple of months ago I found out that to some people, Cilantro tastes like leafy flakes of soap. I don't remember what causes it; if you know please reply down below as that would really help. But I digress. What do you guys think of cilantro?

Cilantro a big 👎 for me and my wife. If it tasted like soap to me, that might be considered an improvement. It's a bit tricky to describe, but for me, it's a nauseating taste and smell. The worst is when it's in hot soup like pho where the scent really comes out. I can tolerate it in salsa.

I like other aromatic herbs like basil. My wife and I are big fans of basil, but cilantro just doesn't work for us. My older son loves it and younger son is fine with it though.

Edited by socrates63