The 2020 Retro Game/Junk Box

RickR

10 minutes ago, RickR said:

Nice stuff!  What are the two loose carts?

I know the one on the left is undoubtably has a blurry version of the Atari Berzerk art, upside-down. For what system, I don’t know. I know @Willie! is a big fan of the game from his videos!

As for the right cart, a complete mystery. Something for the XE, but I can’t make out the title of it.

I am fairly sure I know where the Pong 2600 Mini Paddle thing came from...

Edited by HDN

Wait a minute! Someone put in the new Haunted House video pinball table in the box? How did I miss it!?!? 😄

Yep, you guys are right.

That is a copy of David's Midnight Magic for the XE, a homebrew Berzerk Prototype for the Atari 8-bits and a mini Atari 2600 Paddle Controller Keychain Plug N Play, which contains 3 games. Also, you might not be able to tell, but that Defender II is a sealed copy that someone else put it.

Nice picks @Willie! 

You have such a big collection, that I wasn't sure what I could include that you didn't already have. I knew you liked Atari 8 bits, pinball, the paddle controller and Galaxian, so I'm glad you found some stuff to take!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

44 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

Wait a minute! Someone put in the new Haunted House video pinball table in the box? How did I miss it!?!? 😄

Yep, you guys are right.

That is a copy of David's Midnight Magic for the XE, a homebrew Berzerk Prototype for the Atari 8-bits and a mini Atari 2600 Paddle Controller Keychain Plug N Play, which contains 3 games. Also, you might not be able to tell, but that Defender II is a sealed copy that someone else put it.

Nice picks @Willie! 

You have such a big collection, that I wasn't sure what I could include that you didn't already have. I knew you liked Atari 8 bits, pinball, the paddle controller and Galaxian, so I'm glad you found some stuff to take!

You missed the Haunted House video pinball!  Advantage Willie! hee hee hee.

Anyway, Yes I am a big fan of the Atari 8 bit computers.  I used to write games back in the day and sell them at Atari Computer meetups.  I had one game I was writing to submit to the APX program exchange that they wanted but at the time my attentions diverted to cars and girls 😛   I have quite a few carts for my 800XL to the point I am down to looking for some of the more rare titles like MR. TNT, Droids and such 😛    

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

3 hours ago, Willie! said:

Anyway, Yes I am a big fan of the Atari 8 bit computers.  I used to write games back in the day and sell them at Atari Computer meetups.  I had one game I was writing to submit to the APX program exchange that they wanted but at the time my attentions diverted to cars and girls 😛 

Do you still have that game? it would be awesome to see what you were making in a video if you still have it!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

10 hours ago, Willie! said:

You missed the Haunted House video pinball!  Advantage Willie! hee hee hee.

Anyway, Yes I am a big fan of the Atari 8 bit computers.  I used to write games back in the day and sell them at Atari Computer meetups.  I had one game I was writing to submit to the APX program exchange that they wanted but at the time my attentions diverted to cars and girls 😛   I have quite a few carts for my 800XL to the point I am down to looking for some of the more rare titles like MR. TNT, Droids and such 😛    

You're my newfound hero, @Willie! I ❤️ Atari 8-bit, my first home computer. However, outside of some CIB Atari 8-bit games (mostly games by EA and Synapse), I'm not going down the rabbit hole of collecting A8 hardware and software -- just don't have the space. I do have the 800 in box and two 800XL along with the SDrive and Ultimate cart.

7 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

Do you still have that game? it would be awesome to see what you were making in a video if you still have it!

I did up to when I moved to my new house, the movers "lost" alot of my boxes from my hobby/arcade room.   The first one I sold was Robot Attack, written in Atari Basic using the Monkey Wrench cart on the Atari 800 my dad had. It was a basic game with robots coming in from the side of the screen towards the player, kind of like a side ways space invaders.   I also did a Dungeons and Dragons game that featured randomly generated maps and graphical representations of each room.  I did a few smaller programs as school projects (Automated control of my model railroad, weather forecasting using homemade sensors interfaced to the Atari, Robots and such)    The best one of all that I worked on for about 2 years to send in to APX was Orbital Assault - This game had two planets orbiting a central sun.  The players would start in orbit at each planet.  They would go to attack the other and if damaged they could go back to their planet to repair and refuel.  You also had the ability to damage the other players planet by shooting at it.   At the time I lost interest in it, I was working on the computer AI for the one player game.  I still regret not fully finishing it, I did go back to it in the mid 90's but my job had me really busy and I just did not have the time I used to.   Maybe when I retire, I may try to recreate it 🙂

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

@Willie! Fantastic haul bro. So happy to see ya get something out of a junk box. I know because of your sizable collection it has been hard in the past for ya to make it worth your while.

@chas10e I will be giving ya a call in the next day about meeting up bud. 

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

You took some AWESOME items.  And, as usual, your presentation is excellent.  I'm so glad you found stuff you really like. 

It's tough, though, right? 

That Tomy dragster thingy is probably my favorite of what you took out.  I saw Willie's review of that and look forward to yours too.  It reminds me a lot of a drag-racing game I used to play on my Android tablet. 

Sounds like you and @chas10e have the handoff set up, so I won't bother you guys with a PM about that.

38 minutes ago, RickR said:

That Tomy dragster thingy is probably my favorite of what you took out.  I saw Willie's review of that and look forward to yours too.  It reminds me a lot of a drag-racing game I used to play on my Android tablet. 

Well, I will make sure I know where it ends up!!!! 🙂

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

Nice picks! Knights Mission came from Willie, Magnetargert was from me, as did the Lynx games and Commando. I actually used that copy of Warbirds for my review of it.

I also put some of what I thought was your favorite candy in there, but I guess I was wrong?

Since no one has taken any NSG Card Packs yet, anyone who gets the box can take the extras. Don't worry about replacing them value wise. I made sure to put in more than enough to cover what I took out so that anyone could take out the packs for free. Rick, if a bunch of packs get returned to you and you don't want them all, you can just send them back to me the next time we do a trade and I'll use them for giveaways. Or you can open them all and eat all the gum for yourself!

Awesome ! I love the "Creep it Real" sticker.

I should have this tomorrow afternoon,(Saturday) Sunday I have a "birthday dinner" for one of my nephews but should beable to get it out Monday to @socrates63

The way that box looks it might be tough to stuff what I have ..but that's the way it ALWAYS is !!!!

3 hours ago, chas10e said:

Awesome ! I love the "Creep it Real" sticker.

I should have this tomorrow afternoon,(Saturday) Sunday I have a "birthday dinner" for one of my nephews but should beable to get it out Monday to @socrates63

The way that box looks it might be tough to stuff what I have ..but that's the way it ALWAYS is !!!!

😮 Am I next??? The anticipation!

834a5f60a6e0639b8c605905a3c1b313.png.24803231117ccb806f173479aced3e91.png

Got the hand-off from @Atari Creep , unpacked & reloaded

IMG_2151.JPG.129f9068595073995263ee05c9c11459.JPG

The stuff I took out:

• INTV Demon Attack
  • INTV Donkey Kong w/manual
  • Atari 7800 manuals for Robotron, Ms. Pac-man & Centipede
  • Arcade Classic Defender cab w/ manual
  • TMNT tiki-mug
  • Genisis homebrews Spatterhouse 1&2 ? & Splatterhouse 3
  • GBA DK Country 2
  • Frogger PnP
  • Atari Blast HDMI PnP & a little love note from @Atari Creep .... (we can figger something out for the box )
  • a "Creep it Real" button .... (better than a sticker 'cause I'll wear it :) )
  • a "Macabre Mini" Jason Vorehee Hockey Mask magnet
  • Mad Magazine
  • Mario Super Show DVD https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096707/
  • a Mario & Cappy Amiibo with the cardboard thing to scan ? (it was in one of the manuals :D  )
  • some Funspot tokens https://www.funspotnh.com/
  • and lastly lucky number 13 Baseball card pack from @nosweargamer

• Oh yeah a Toosie-Pop & and an  In and Out sticker

IMG_2156.JPG.5ad975306097a66189ddc802299b2cf8.JPG