Shark Shark 2 Add on Package Video!

mmaxfit

For $50? That's waaaaay too much. $10 for the ROM is waaaaaay too much. The box art isn't even that great.

But I do love me some Shark! Shark! I have played on the Intellivision flashback before. Very fun game with some good music and sound effects for the system. I think it's second only to SNAFU. I'm trying to convince @socrates63 to get those two, but he needs a healthy dose of Super Metroid first.

As someone who helps fund these things, I can tell you that those prices are reasonable.  Most people do not realize how expensive it is to get boxes designed and printed.  Never mind manuals and labels.  Also, the programmer needs to be paid for their work so $10 is actually cheap for a ROM.  ROM sales are usually very weak.  You get quite a few early on and then they just trickle.  Oftentimes, the sales are not enough to cover all the costs associated with making these games.

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

As someone who helps fund these things, I can tell you that those prices are reasonable.  Most people do not realize how expensive it is to get boxes designed and printed.  Never mind manuals and labels.  Also, the programmer needs to be paid for their work so $10 is actually cheap for a ROM.  ROM sales are usually very weak.  You get quite a few early on and then they just trickle.  Oftentimes, the sales are not enough to cover all the costs associated with making these games.

Oh, no, I realize that the prices are higher and things because of how niche homebrew games are, but this sequel to Shark! Shark! seems like too much for what it is, since it doesn't appear they changed much from the original. I understand if it's expensive, but I just don't think the price is worth it in this particular case.