14 members have voted

1. 1. What Time Zone do you live in?

• Eastern
    • Central
    • Mountain
    • Pacific
    • Alaska
    • Hawaii
  2. 2. What time of day would you most like to participate in Wednesday Chat?

• Early Afternoon (12 Noon - 2 PM)
    • Mid Afternoon (2 PM - 5 PM)
    • Evening (5 PM - 8 PM)
    • Nighttime (8 PM - 12 Midnight)
  3. 3. In the past, have you felt that an Atari I/O Event, Contest, or charitable act has been tarnished by the greed of another member trying to grift a handout or free giveaway?

• YES
    • NO
  4. 4. Which one of these Atari video game systems would you like to see more often in High Score Squad?

• Atari 2600
    • Atari 5200
    • Atari 7800
    • Atari Lynx
    • Atari Jaguar
    • Atari 8-Bit Computers
    • Atari ST
  5. 5. Which one of these video game systems would you like to see more often in High Score Squad?

• Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Sega Master System
    • TurboGrafx-16
    • Sega Genesis
    • Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Neo•Geo
    • Arcade (MAME)
  6. 6. Which of these NES Black Box games do you enjoy playing most?

• Clu Clu Land
    • Ice Climber
    • Balloon Fight
    • Pro Wrestling
  7. 7. Which of these Super Nintendo games would you most enjoy getting to check out?

• Pilotwings
    • Star Fox 2
    • Pop'n Twin Bee
    • Mario's Super Picross
  8. 8. Which of these two video game systems do you have more fun playing?

• Intellivision
    • ColecoVision
  9. 9. Which 2020 High Score Squad Challenge have you enjoyed most this year?

• Chip's Challenge (Atari Lynx)
    • Galaxian (Atari 2600)
    • 2020 Pole Position II Grand Prix - Seaside Circuit (Atari 7800)
    • Moon Patrol (Atari 2600)
    • Star Fox (Super Nintendo)
    • Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Sega Master System)
    • Astrosmash (Intellivision) / Astroblast (Atari 2600) Double Feature
    • Desert Falcon (Atari 7800)
    • Mario Bros. (Atari 2600)
    • Super Breakout (Atari 2600)
    • Dr. Mario (NES)
    • Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 7800)
  10. 10. Which of these Sega Genesis games do you enjoy playing most?

• Ecco the Dolphin
    • Toe Jam & Earl
    • Gunstar Heroes
    • Thunder Force III
    • Space Harrier II
  11. 11. Which of these video game systems would you NOT be excited to play in High Score Squad?

• Atari 2600
    • Atari 5200
    • Atari 7800
    • Atari Lynx
    • Atari Jaguar
    • Atari 8-Bit Computers
    • Atari ST
    • Intellivision
    • ColecoVision
    • Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Sega Master System
    • TurboGrafx-16
    • Sega Genesis
    • Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Neo•Geo
    • Arcade (MAME)
  12. 12. Are you more likely to participate in Wednesday Chat if you see a reminder on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter?

• YES - Seeing a reminder on social media helps me remember to join the chat in time.
    • NO - I'm not really on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, so this doesn't apply to me.
    • NO - I already know when it is, and I'll be in Wednesday Chat no matter what!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2020 at 03:59 AM

large.member_survey.gif

This is a quick Member Survey that we'll do periodically to gauge your interest in different events in the forums, games, giveaways and more. Let us know what you think, your input will always help make Atari I/O a better place to spend your time. There are no wrong answers!

I have a few things to elaborate on if you don't mind.

• About number 3. I'm the guy who answered "no". That's because I haven't been here long enough to see anyone do something like that. Not saying it hasn't happened before, just I haven't seen it in my time here.
  • I chose "Atari 2600" for number four as it's the easiest for me. I have a good emulator on my Wii to use and lots of ROMs for 2600 games.
  • I chose "NES" for number five for the same reason I chose the 2600 for the previous question.
  • For question eight, I chose Intellivison as I haven't had the pleasure of playing any Colecovision games before. Though CV games look to be much better, I had to go with INTV as it's the only one I have played before.
  • The only Squad Challenge I have done so far was Galaxian. Though I did play some PPII, I didn't post any scores.
  • Actually, I haven't played any of the Sega Genesis games listed in question ten.
  • I chose the Jaguar for a system I didn't want in the High Score Squad because I have heard it's really hard to emulate correctly.

Thanks for doing this poll, @Justin, and trying to make the I/O a better place. Not that it isn't the best place online already!

I'm going to elaborate because picking JUST ONE was very difficult on some of those questions.  So here goes.

• NO.  I don't feel any of the challenges have be tarnished by anything.  I think it's cool to have contest that involve a "prize" at the end once in a while.  It's like a motivation getter.  No matter who wins the prize it would encourage skill improvements to some of the games.
  • Mario Bros. on the 2600 was a learning experience for me and a history lesson on what NOT to do in video game designing.  I have enjoyed all of them but this one particularly was fun to discover its secret.  
  • What I'd like to see more often in the scores is more attention to the Jaguar and ST line of Atari products.  Unfortunately the Jaguar is like a modern day Neo*Geo.  It's too expensive to obtain anything for and there is not a single emulator made that has ever been 100% accurate let alone run right at all.  They are all buggy, slow, and impossible to use. But I think it would be interesting to see more MAME events because all of the Atari/Coleco/Intellivision arcade ports we all seem to enjoy the most were because of the arcade games in the first place.  So, in hindsight, it would be interesting to include those in the mix.  MAME is pretty easy to setup anyway and almost every Windows PC from XP and up, MacOS, Linux, Android can run it.
  • The last question was difficult to answer.  I have no problems with any of those being in the challenges.  What makes it difficult for me is when I lack the game or hardware (or both) the challenge is about.  I prefer the real thing over emulation, except with MAME stuff, because of the feel.  Holding a 360 controller to play a Super NES or Genesis game is just too awkward for me.  I get use to it in time but it just doesn't feel right.  

Hi @Atari 5200 Guy

13 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I'm going to elaborate because picking JUST ONE was very difficult on some of those questions

That was intentional.

13 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

NO.  I don't feel any of the challenges have be tarnished by anything. 

The question about "Greed & Grifting" is not limited merely to Squad Challenges, but to all facets of the forum.

18 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Mario Bros. on the 2600 was a learning experience for me and a history lesson on what NOT to do in video game designing.  I have enjoyed all of them but this one particularly was fun to discover its secret.  

Thanks 🙂 

15 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

The last question was difficult to answer.  I have no problems with any of those being in the challenges.

The last question asked about social media reminders having any bearing on participation in Wednesday Chat. Are you referring to the question above it? Some of these are going to be difficult to answer. Make your best choice with the options given.

27 minutes ago, Justin said:

Hi @Atari 5200 Guy

That was intentional.

The question about "Greed & Grifting" is not limited merely to Squad Challenges, but to all facets of the forum.

Thanks 🙂 

The last question asked about social media reminders having any bearing on participation in Wednesday Chat. Are you referring to the question above it? Some of these are going to be difficult to answer. Make your best choice with the options given.

Whoops.  That was suppose to reference question number 11.  Opps.

The last question, though, wouldn't matter to me because I have FB and Twitter accounts but I rarely get on them.  I only use them now so YouTube can post for me when I upload new vids.  I usually don't get time to hop on to the chats when the time comes any way and when I DO have time the chat is pretty much done. 😞 

Oh...and I forgot.  Favorite Genesis game question.  Granada and Streets of Rage II but I don't have either.  The original SONIC is also great but, again, I don't have it...I have Sonic II.  I do, however, have Thunder Force II and Twin Cobra which are great shoot 'em ups.  I especially love the music in TF II.  Streets of Rage II is the bomb on the Genesis because everything about it just works very well together.  Blaze is my favorite character LOL.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy