Squad Challenge - Wrecking Crew (NES)

Justin

I got a thing called the "Golden Hammer!" It is easier to swing so you move a lot more quickly. I think you get to keep it until you die. Picked it up on Phase 6 and kept it until Spike f****d me on Phase 9. Pretty cool hidden item. Not sure how I got it though.

Also, @RadioPoultry I practiced Phase 18 and got through it with your approach! It is all about timing that bomb. Thanks again! 

@Justin, you wanted opinions of this game:  I think it's very similar to our last challenge game "Chip's Challenge".  Each level is a puzzle that's fun to figure out. 

Chip has the advantage of giving out codes so you don't have to start over every time.  Crew has the advantage of being more forgiving and have more compact levels. 

2 hours ago, RickR said:

Hard drive failures SUCK!  But that SSD and RAM upgrade is going to make the computer lightning fast. 

Yes! 🙌 Looking forward you getting back to normal tonight.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:28 PM, RickR said:

@Justin, you wanted opinions of this game:  I think it's very similar to our last challenge game "Chip's Challenge".  Each level is a puzzle that's fun to figure out. 

Chip has the advantage of giving out codes so you don't have to start over every time.  Crew has the advantage of being more forgiving and have more compact levels. 

@RickR I completely agree! I didn’t know this going into choosing our game lineup for High Score Squad. I always saw this as a Mario-style game, and it always felt off I think because there’s no jump and no power ups. I thought it was just smashing things. :wreck-it-ralph: Now that I’ve had a chance to play this with new eyes I see there’s a top-down strategy that makes this a Donkey Kong-style puzzle game! Now that I see this game differently I think it’s very fun and very challenging and a real overlooked gem of the early black box NES games, and that is exactly what I was hoping to find after going though this experience. I’m glad you’re all enjoying this game too, I thought it might be a disappointment. 

12 minutes ago, RickR said:

No disappointment here.  The only complaint I have is that I don't quite understand some of the rules.  Example:  WTF are the doors for? 

Hit the doors with your hammer and enemies will walk inside. They will go to the background and not be able to hurt you, Super Mario Brothers 3 style.

6 hours ago, RickR said:

No disappointment here.  The only complaint I have is that I don't quite understand some of the rules.  Example:  WTF are the doors for? 

I just figured that out yesterday! Hit the door with the hammer and they open for a few seconds. The bad guys chasing you will get sucked into the door and you’ll see their silhouettes stuck “behind the scenes”. This gives you a little time to get some wrecking work done without getting killed.

14 hours ago, Justin said:

I just figured that out yesterday! Hit the door with the hammer and they open for a few seconds. The bad guys chasing you will get sucked into the door and you’ll see their silhouettes stuck “behind the scenes”. This gives you a little time to get some wrecking work done without getting killed.

Does it work on Spike as well?  Because that SOB is a menace!  :wreck-it-ralph: