Favorite Breakfast?

HDN

Could be anything at all (edible). It could be a typical breakfast food like waffles or pancakes, or something completely different. Any food counts as breakfast in my eyes!

Me? It fluctuates a lot. Mainly I'm feeling something green olive related, but right now I just feel like French toast (but the good homemade stuff). Another good one: I wasn't thrilled with Giovanni's Pizza in Chicago. I mean, it was good (it's pizza after all), but I didn't feel it matched the hype. But the next morning, I had some cold BBQ chicken pizza for breakfast and WOW was that good!

Hope you guys are all having a fantastic morning. I feel like today is going to be a pretty good one. I'm going to try my best to stay positive.

I just woke up 20 minutes ago. It's 11:40 where I live! I need some breakfast myself. See you all later and have a great day!

I'm not much of a breakfast food person. And I never understood why certain foods are considered breakfast food...I mean...what difference does it make what time of day you eat what foods? Your digestive system doesn't check the time and process it a different way whether it's 8:00am or 5:00pm! I hate it when I'm out and the only place I can grab a bite to eat is one that hasn't started serving "regular" food yet. And I hate eggs and hash browns.

Having said that, I do enjoy pancakes and waffles. As a software developer, one morning every two weeks I have to get up extra-early for a release. After the release, I reward myself with pancakes from a nearby greasy spoon before I resume my day. 🙂  (At least during our company's work-at-home-because-of-COVID directive!)

Oh...and I am a fool for sugary breakfast cereal that probably shouldn't even be on the market! I have this stuff maybe once every three or four years, mind you, but it's sooooooooo good! Froot Loops...mmmmmm! (Especially in chocolate milk!) Lucky Charms....Alpha-Bits...

Edited by dauber

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

I'll throw you a curve ball. My favorite breakfast growing up was... ramen, Korean ramen that is. Ramen is the people's snack or fast food of choice in Korea. I'd put the pan on the stove with heat turned up and fill it with water, noodles, and soup packet. I'd run to the bathroom, brush my teeth etc. and when I returned, the ramen would be ready 🙂

Before I give the impression that ramen is breakfast food for Koreans, it's not. My friends look at me weird when I tell them that I grew up with ramen for breakfast. With age and health concerns, ramen has become a delicacy and only tasted once in a long while which is said. I still prefer soup to start the morning though.

EDIT: the kind of ramen I'm talking about and in the traditional sauce pan

fa22dab67056b04245e633c71afe4ffd.png

Edited by socrates63

1 hour ago, dauber said:

what difference does it make what time of day you eat what foods?

I completely agree! 

Every once in a while, when we are on a road trip or something, we'll stop at McD's for breakfast.  I appreciate that they have a chicken biscuit on the menu.  I'm like you...the normal breakfast fare they have just has no appeal to me.  Chicken biscuit and OJ and I'm good. 

The hotel "continental" breakfasts do not make me happy.  I'm lactose intolerant and blech on the eggs/hasbrown stuff they usually serve.  I usually go with fruit, toast, and OJ there.  But that gets old fast. 

Usual daily breakfast for me is cereal, OJ, and coffee.  The lower the sugar in the cereal, the better. 

25 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

I'll throw you a curve ball. My favorite breakfast growing up was... ramen, Korean ramen that is. Ramen is the people's snack or fast food of choice in Korea. I'd put the pan on the stove with heat turned up and fill it with water, noodles, and soup packet. I'd run to the bathroom, brush my teeth etc. and when I returned, the ramen would be ready 🙂

Before I give the impression that ramen is breakfast food for Koreans, it's not. My friends look at me weird when I tell them that I grew up with ramen for breakfast. With age and health concerns, ramen has become a delicacy and only tasted once in a long while which is said. I still prefer soup to start the morning though.

Especially on a cold morning, soup (especially ramen) is a great breakfast. I have had ramen for breakfast numerous times. We had some leftover soup from last night that I seriously considered eating for breakfast today. Mmmmmmm...

1 minute ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

My grandmother would ask us grandkids what we wanted for breakfast on weekends I would spend with them.  Every time the answer was the same...chocolate gravy and biscuits.

That might be the most comfort-food thing I've ever heard in my life!

I have too many to count, probably...  but I'll try to break it down some...

Homemade - Fried over easy eggs, bacon, and toast.

Cereal - It changes a lot, but as for sugary cereal, Fruit Loops.  For not so sugary cereal, Raisin Bran or Rice Krispies.

McDonald's - Egg McMuffin

Whataburger - Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Taquito with salsa or a Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit

IHOP - Breakfast Sampler or Colorado Omelet with a side of grits.

Donuts - Regular glazed, but sometimes a raspberry filled