Atari 5200 Guy

Going Through A Life Change

12 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Hey man, something you may want to consider is marriage counseling.  That may help you two as you move forward.

Maybe. We'll see.  Time will tell.  But I think we found a huge part of our problem.  I just can't post it here.

But me keeping her out of my world ends now.  What do you guys think?  Should we make her an Atari I/O member?

10 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

But me keeping her out of my world ends now.  What do you guys think?  Should we make her an Atari I/O member?

I mean, if it helps you out in your personal life, why not?

11 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

So.  We need a nickname for her.  Any ideas?  I'm asking because we, meaning her and I, are killing off the kamakazi nicknames we had.  I was kamakazi, she was mrskamakazi.  Open for suggestions.

She have a favorite system or something? I guess you could be "Atari 5200 Guy" and she could be "[system name] Girl" or something. I do not know. I'm not good with coming up with usernames. HDN is just my initials.

Your wife is welcome to join us here as a member. Hopefully this helps your marriage work out after all. I don't think anyone here is opposed to it. If it helps in real life and might be a step towards saving your marriage, then I don't see a problem with it.

Well, we would like to try to figure one out like our Mr and Mrs kamakazi. Something that we carry over to our live account.  She says she wishes we could keep our kamakazi.  I guess we could keep our kamakazi titles...I just would like to keep my Atari 5200 Guy on here because I like it.  Even if its just for here I'd like to keep it.

I already modified the kamakazi name a long time ago when I created it in 1999.  It was made for Tokyo Extreme Racer on Dreamcast.  It was not an online name for a long time after.  And the reason why I created it was because of how I raced in the game.  It was move it or lose it.  It was purposely misspelled to separate me from being Japanese.  I'm not Japanese but I love a lot about them.  So I tried to mix a Japanese fighting style with my american way of racing and playing video games in general.  I'd go in guns a blazing.  That's why there's all A's in that name where there shouldn't be.  The extra A's are to represent me being an American.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

I think we got one figured out but I want to run it across you guys to see what you think.  

MrsKamakazi with 2009 at the end of.  I'm crazy and she's just as crazy as I am.  We are still crazy in love with each other.  The 20012 part was from a Yahoo suggestion and was the easiest one I could remember.  So THAT part really has no meaning.  If we change it 2009 that would be the year we go married.  What do you guys think?  I'm keeping my Atari 5200 Guy on here.  That part is OK.  We are going to try to change our nicknames everywhere else online.  I think you guys will like her.  She is a good person and will make you laugh.  Its one of the reasons I fell in love with her.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time, but am hopeful it ends up turning out for the best.

My wife and I have both been counseled and have been the ones counseling, so I do highly recommend marriage counseling if you guys decided to try to restore your marriage. It can be very easy to fall into old habits without realizing it, so a trusted 3rd party can really help.

No matter what, I pray you receive any healing, wisdom and support you need during this time.