Squad Challenge - Demon Attack (Atari 2600)

Justin

Now that I've played on OG hardware instead of the Retron 77, I can confirm that it's not the emulator; I just suck. 🤣

I consistently get to the dot/donut holes and die. Going to switch the difficulty to B so I can feel better about myself. LOL.

Seriously though, Demon Attack is as fun as ever and I'm so impressed with the scores that you all are putting up. Great job everyone! 

IMG_20201030_171245909.jpg

Edited by Sabertooth

The strategy of avoiding the alien pooping bullets and going after the docile ones is most important on the infinity symbol aliens.  And try to shoot the firing one only when he's "high" on the screen.  If he's swooped really low -- good luck.  And then once you split him in two...go after everyone else above. 

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Socrates63!

Congratulations to @socrates63 for becoming our Demon Attack Champion! It looks like this game turned out to be a hit and you guys really sank your teeth into this one! Lots of action, incredible scores! Is Demon Attack your favorite Imagic game? Why or why not?

@socrates63 is our champion for this Squad Challenge, taking 1st Place in our Final Standings with 98,440 points, a massively impressive score that more than doubled any rival! @RickR was ferocious with his action and took 2nd Place with 48,730 points. @MaliciousCarp wasn't far behind to take 3rd Place with 41,820 points. @Dinobot711 @Atari Creep @Willie! @chas10e @Marco1019 @Sabertooth @ataridude @TrekMD @nosweargamer and @LinkYoungPS round out the board all with their best scores! Congratulations to @socrates63 for his big win, and as always I'd like to encourage Sabertooth to post his new high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on!

Also, to keep a running list of who's entered into BTB's Atari 7800 Paddle Controllers Giveaway Contest, so far the following Members have asked to be entered and are permanently enrolled through the rest of the contest: @RickR @Sabertooth @nosweargamer @TrekMD @socrates63. If you don't see your name listed and would like to enter to win the pair of 7800 Paddle Controllers, be sure to say "Hey BTB, enter me to win!" when posting your next high score!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge will be announced shortly! Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_2600_demon_attack.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

1 hour ago, RickR said:

Congrats to @socrates63.  Incredible focus and score!

I feel like I'm the Phil Mickelson of high score challenges.  Always 2nd place! 

It could've been worse.

This time, I got a rock...

Peanuts. I got a Rock! | Charlie brown halloween, Halloween funny, Peanuts  halloween

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube