Jump to content

NSG's October 2020 Giveaway!


nosweargamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Time for another giveaway! This giveaway contains 3 Atari 2600 games, an NSG Card Pack & a piece of Bazooka Joe Gum, complete in wrapper with a mini comic!

GIVEAWAY RULES

  • Must have a US Address. Not responsible for lost or damaged mail.
  • Must reply to this post by telling me your favorite 2600 game to play this time of year by Thursday, October 22nd 2020 @ 11:59 pm est. One entry per person.
  • After the winner is selected at random and announced on this thread, they will have one week to give me their US address through the forum messenger. If they don't respond in time, I can select another winner.

Watch this video for more details:  

 

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favorite game to play on Halloween that's on the Atari 2600? Well, that's easy. Shocker alert! It's Tunnel Runner again! My favorite 2600 game of all-time is even more enjoyable this season than usual, as the Zots (enemies in the game) always jump-scare me! When I was younger, my sister and I used to scream every time we heard that ominous tune... dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun...

I first played Tunnel Runner around the Fall season. To me, this game will always be the most special around the Halloween and Thanksgiving season.

Thanks, @nosweargamer for hosting another wonderful giveaway! One of these brought me over to the site, and hopefully this too will bring more members to our Atari I/O community.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to clarify, when I say this time of year, it can refer to anything from fall, including Halloween, Baseball, Football or whatever.

🧟‍♂️🍁🥧🏈

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tunnel Runner or Escape from the Mind Master are always good 'I'm being chased/spooky' games for Halloween to me to play! I use an UNO Cart to run the rom for Mindmaster as I don't have a Supercharger to actually play it on.

For general fall I like Miniature Golf a little!

Edited by RockyRaccoon

>>> A RETROCADE ROMP <<<
My Personal Webpage, Blog, and Collection List

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm surprised that I never associated playing certain games with the time of the year 🤔 With this giveaway, I am going to fix that.

I'm going with American football 🏈 and will play the original Football for the 2600 in all its 4 on 4 smash mouth glory. It'll be a new tradition. I haven't played it since the early 80s. I also picked up Backyard Football from GoodDealGames recently, and this gives a very good reason to play it.

footballatari2600.jpg.7fcc49960f58bee55559e4a26682d6d0.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

I'm surprised that I never associated playing certain games with the time of the year 🤔 With this giveaway, I am going to fix that.

I'm going with American football 🏈 and will play the original Football for the 2600 in all its 4 on 4 smash mouth glory. It'll be a new tradition. I haven't played it since the early 80s. I also picked up Backyard Football from GoodDealGames recently, and this gives a very good reason to play it.

footballatari2600.jpg.7fcc49960f58bee55559e4a26682d6d0.jpg

 

The game is fun!  Good choice.  But the players look like gas pumps.  I assume the team names are "Shell" vs. "Chevron". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favorite Atari 2600 game… This is actually something that I’ve given a lot of thought to. The game I thoroughly remember the most when I was growing up was the game stampede, for the longest time this was my favorite game. Now that I take a serious long thought about it it still stands up today as one of my favorites on the Atari 2600. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, GamerGottaGame said:

My favorite Atari 2600 game… This is actually something that I’ve given a lot of thought to. The game I thoroughly remember the most when I was growing up was the game stampede, for the longest time this was my favorite game. Now that I take a serious long thought about it it still stands up today as one of my favorites on the Atari 2600. 🙂

Welcome to the I/O, GGG!

Stampede is fun one. Can you earn the patch? Check out https://forums.atari.io/topic/4985-activision-patch-worthy-scores-of-atari-io/ for a list of I/O members who have achieved patch-worthy scores on Activision games.

The I/O Stampede high score is kept here: https://forums.atari.io/topic/4947-stampede-atari-2600/

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tmangaming03 said:

My first time here. My favorite has gotta be Haunted House, I love 2600 adventure games with a defined ending. Probably gonna sell off the trading cards at my local game store.

🎉 Woot! Welcome to the I/O, T-man! I also came here a couple of months ago after watching NSG's monthly give-away video and stuck around. Very friendly welcoming bunch here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, HDN said:

And wait, there’s more! All of you new folks get the special @HDN and @socrates63 consolation prize— an Atari.io account! Hope you enjoy your time here and stick around!

💯

Yes, we both came to the I/O to enter for the giveaway and found an awesome community -- a super fantastic "consolation" prize

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2020 at 2:21 PM, RockyRaccoon said:

Tunnel Runner or Escape from the Mind Master are always good 'I'm being chased/spooky' games for Halloween to me to play! I use an UNO Cart to run the rom for Mindmaster as I don't have a Supercharger to actually play it on.

For general fall I like Miniature Golf a little!

This dude has really good taste!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Join the Atari Party! :donkey_kong_big:

    How lucky are you that you've finally found this place?
    It's time to join the best kept secret in classic gaming.
    Membership is limited, so let's get started! :wreck-it-ralph:

     

×
×
  • Create New...