3DS Help

Atari 5200 Guy

Hi guys!

I have this really neat 3DS but it has an issue.  It needs a charging port replaced but there were a few variations.  This one had two pins which I found but all of them had a plastic piece present as well.  I just want to know which one to get.

IMG_20201110_215925.jpg.14ead70fe27f961b280eed276c02cc83.jpgIMG_20201110_220005.jpg.f10dcb491e895e918b05555a5c992f6b.jpgIMG_20201110_220019.jpg.a20310dc347ec53acdd0970feb595674.jpg

If someone here with a similar model can tell me, or post a pic of, what their 3DS port looks like I'd be most appreciated and grateful.  I got to play it for a week or two and loved it!  I miss my little buddy.  One of those pins bent when I tried to connect the power supply to it.  The pin broke when I tried to gently bend it back.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

My friend has a similar problem with his. Get one of those “wireless charger stands”. They aren’t really wireless, but I can’t think of a better name for them. Google “3DS charging stand” and you’ll probably find one for sale someplace. It will help.

And yes, my port is the same. I will take a look, but I have a broken 3DS. It’s shot, but the port works. I’ll see if I can’t salvage that for ya, @Atari 5200 Guy. I will dig it out and take a closer look tomorrow. No promises, but it might just help.

I know I have the XL model, but I assume the port is the same size and would most likely fit in your normal-sized 3DS. This is that same style, correct? Make sure to tell me if this is the one, @Atari 5200 Guy, and I will see if we can’t get this heading your way.

I believe all of the 3DS ports are universal, and are also the same as the ones on the DSi. The Lite and OG DSes have their own separate chargers that won’t work with any other DS.

73C3BD25-E4A4-4FDB-912D-95F3C4F4CDB5.jpeg.02a7d529676ff94199c4772ef9280f89.jpeg

Edited by HDN

3 hours ago, HDN said:

I know I have the XL model, but I assume the port is the same size and would most likely fit in your normal-sized 3DS. This is that same style, correct? Make sure to tell me if this is the one, @Atari 5200 Guy, and I will see if we can’t get this heading your way.

I believe all of the 3DS ports are universal, and are also the same as the ones on the DSi. The Lite and OG DSes have their own separate chargers that won’t work with any other DS.

73C3BD25-E4A4-4FDB-912D-95F3C4F4CDB5.jpeg.02a7d529676ff94199c4772ef9280f89.jpeg

That's the same port.  It just doesn't feel right sending a whole unit for a single port.

2 hours ago, RickR said:

I like your lunch box better since red is my favorite color.  However, I'm not sure I could take Mario giving me that judgmental look all the time. 

Mine contains my GBA, DS, and 3DS (with chargers).  It feels like the perfect match for those. 

I never considered it as a judgemental look, more like a proud look.  Proud that I invested in a Nintendo product lol

6 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

My wife dislikes red but this was a donation so I had no choice of colors. My wife's favorite color?  Purple.

Well between the two of us, we have favorite colors accounted for. 

I bought that Nintendo lunchbox for one of my kids years ago.  And then many years later, they decided they didn't want it anymore.  So it's MINE!  Ha ha ha.  I also "bought" one of their DS's when they wanted to sell it to get a 3DS.  Years later:  "Dad, can I have my old DS back?"  Of course, here you go.  No charge. 

17 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

It just doesn't feel right sending a whole unit for a single port.

I would probably take it out myself. I wouldn't want to send the whole thing, either. It hasn't worked in four years and there's not much worth salvaging, but it's still my first 3DS. I don't think I could part with it.

I think @RickR is right. That thing looks like a pain in the a$$ to remove.

2 hours ago, RickR said:

I like your lunch box better since red is my favorite color.  However, I'm not sure I could take Mario giving me that judgmental look all the time. 

Mine contains my GBA, DS, and 3DS (with chargers).  It feels like the perfect match for those.

Hey, I'm not the only one who stores things in Nintendo lunch boxes! Woo-hoo!

My SNES themed lunch box houses my Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance collections. I also keep the good old Super Game Boy in there, along with special, Harry-created color codes for all the OG GB games to play on it.