When Someone Big Tweets You Back

nosweargamer

Today I posted a picture a Zelda planter at Target, and Target actually had an awesome response! (Feel free to share you similar stories below)

tar.png.cbef1aa5f03a1e319fccefdcfc7b5387.png

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Nice! I saw your post on FB. But why is it classified as drinkware?

Not quite as big as Target 🙂 but I have a few that stand out in my memories: 

• Probably the most recent experiences were when Joe Decuir and Ed Fries replied to my posts on Facebook.
  • As a kid, I was excited when Bob Polin responded with a personal letter to my letter about Blue Max that I mailed to Synapse. I wish I still had it.
  • Around a similar time, I wrote a letter to Dragon Magazine about the need for an index of the content published in the magazine. My letter was published with a short editor reply. I can't recall which issue although it's likely somewhere in the #60-#100 issue range.

It is always cool.  I've had Star Trek actors react to posts I've made either on Twitter or Instagram and this is them doing it, not someone in charge of their social media.  Some of the actors who have replied/reacted are Jeri Ryan, Wilson Cruz, and Kenneth Mitchell. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Honestly, this might sound a little crazy and a bit funny to you all now that I am so comfortable here, but when I first joined Atari.io back in August, I was super hyped to see that THE No Swear Gamer had responded to my silly Metroid post. This YouTuber with nearly 15,000 subscribers had responded to MY stupid 2D Metroid post. It sounds silly and a little bit embarrassing now that we all know each other, but at the time I was super hyped to see that! 

23 hours ago, HDN said:

Honestly, this might sound a little crazy and a bit funny to you all now that I am so comfortable here, but when I first joined Atari.io back in August, I was super hyped to see that THE No Swear Gamer had responded to my silly Metroid post. This YouTuber with nearly 15,000 subscribers had responded to MY stupid 2D Metroid post. It sounds silly and a little bit embarrassing now that we all know each other, but at the time I was super hyped to see that! 

Well, now that the 😸 is out of the bag so to speak, I had similar reaction when NSG gave me a shout-out in one of his videos for supporting him on Patreon. Also, that's why I sent you the Coleco handheld and the card pack, Harry -- a little personal contact with a local celeb 🌟 🤩

58 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

Well, now that the 😸 is out of the bag so to speak, I had similar reaction when NSG gave me a shout-out in one of his videos for supporting him on Patreon. Also, that's why I sent you the Coleco handheld and the card pack, Harry -- a little personal contact with a local celeb 🌟 🤩

Thanks again, @socrates63. I may have to build you a mini junk box myself someday! 

The Coleco handheld is very far from perfect, but it isn’t completely devoid of fun. The Diving game is where I have spent most of my time with the machine so far. I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m not having at least a little bit of fun with the machine!

The coolest part though is that I can go on the internet and watch a video of it! The exact same one. About 8 or so months ago when I first discovered the NSG, I never thought that something like this would happen! I have “bragged” to a few people about this. It’s so weird that this exact Coleco handheld from the video now lives in my house. Also, I am happy to have found a compatible AV cable as well for it.

At least the Coleco 10-in-1 isn’t alone over here. It has a couple other bootleg systems from various thrift stores and the like to hang out with, as well as the handhelds. Once the Christmas decorations are down, I plan to put it on my retro handheld shelf for all to see!

10 hours ago, socrates63 said:

On 11/24/2020 at 12:07 AM, HDN said:

I had a similar experience about 7 years ago or so. I started listening to the Retro League Podcast. I geeked out the first time they read my email on the podcast and even more when they invited me to guest host. Funny thing was, one time when I guest hosted, one of the hosts told me how weird it was that before the recording they were listening to me on my Atari 7800 podcast, LOL.

For some reason we make some people larger-than-life when they gain any form of popularity when in reality we're all just people. We all have our faults and challenges. Of course sadly some people allow their own popularity to go to their heads.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

I suppose this is ironic, considering the thread topic. For some reason, Tim Schafer, famous for his work on Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango & other games, started following me a little while back on Twitter and this was the first tweet of mine I've noticed he liked. Thanks Tim!

tim.png.069aea599d30a57b2119ac406f359f12.png

Hat tip to @socrates63 for pointing me to this thread.

As I posted on my status, Bandai-Namco reposted my "Pac-Tree" on their IG and Twitter feeds. I was pretty pumped to get a shout out from the publisher of Pac-Man! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIyQOPEgupA/?igshid=10nm13njofr4