My complete Atari 7800 collection: 124 Games

Funkmaster V

From www.Atari700Forever.com There were 57 official NTSC Atari 7800 releases, and if you the add 2 PAL-only games, the number of official releases for the Prosystem worldwide hit an unimpressive 59 during a six year run. Thanks to homebrews, hacks, prototype discoveries, and other oddities, the number of playable Atari 7800 games has grown by leaps and bounds. Funkmaster V currently owns 124 different titles (and that's after a house fire took down several rare games and boxes he hasn't replaced) and he wants to spend this cold snowy day showing you his collection from the Mothership. #atari7800 #atari #retrogaming

:pole_position_blimp: Visit Atari 7800 Forever online: https://www.atari7800forever.com

Wow, nice collection! ... I saw the title of the thread & thought it was for the Intellivision not noticing it was in the Atari 7800 boards.

It took me a few sittings to watch all the video. Member @Video 61 I think is still pretty active here and most certainly could give you insight on that monitor cart. I've never seen it before & seems pretty cool.

I do have a 2600 diagnostic cart in my stash I hadn't geeked-out on in awhile.

IMG_2165.JPG.60c5fea9671621860e35e976c8742171.JPG

lotsa cool information in your video. Thanks

8 hours ago, Funkmaster V said:

Its weird that came in an Othello cart..........

Have you ever horsed around with that?

Yeah I think the story goes that the engineers just hacked whatever carts they had laying around & stuck the typewritten "diag" label on there. I do forget where I got it, I messed with it a bit when I first got it. The blue "shorting plugs" came from another same location. OK I remember it was on e-bay & the member did have the shorting plugs but listed them separately on AA , he shipped them together that was back in 2013

I hadn't gone through the service manual to really figger out how these are used.

I'd kind of like to get the binder & original documentation  http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-diagnostic-test-cartridge-v26_14033.html

On 12/4/2020 at 8:52 PM, chas10e said:

Wow, nice collection! ... I saw the title of the thread & thought it was for the Intellivision not noticing it was in the Atari 7800 boards.

It took me a few sittings to watch all the video. Member @Video 61 I think is still pretty active here and most certainly could give you insight on that monitor cart. I've never seen it before & seems pretty cool.

I do have a 2600 diagnostic cart in my stash I hadn't geeked-out on in awhile.

IMG_2165.JPG.60c5fea9671621860e35e976c8742171.JPG

lotsa cool information in your video. Thanks

hi,

i have one also. so it must have been something that was done often.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

3 hours ago, Video 61 said:

hi,

i have one also. so it must have been something that was done often.

lance

www.atarisales.com

Somewhere around the six minute mark in @Funkmaster V 's video he has a cart you produced. Is is somewhat based upon this diagnostic cart ? .... further in the video there was something else you produced but I forget where exactly.

3 minutes ago, chas10e said:

Somewhere around the six minute mark in @Funkmaster V 's video he has a cart you produced. Is is somewhat based upon this diagnostic cart ? .... further in the video there was something else you produced but I forget where exactly.

hi,

thats the very first homebrew ever. it was done by my friend harry dodgson, he turned it over to me, maybe on the third one he sold, or perhaps number seven or eleven. it was decades ago.

i have been paying him a royalty on everyone sold, i think i sold about 130 of them. someday i might go back into production. its actually a programming tool, and the switch is for either 7800 and 2600 demos and games, or actually a programming monitor. you used the keyboard/keypad/star raiders/sesame controllers for inputs.

thanks,

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500