Squad Challenge - 2020 F-ZERO Christmas Challenge (Super Nintendo)

Justin

Wow, Harry! 👍 👏

For the rest of the players competing for the top 3 spots, it's time to bring out the juice to get to the finish line. Time for some PEDs to compete with a teen!! Don't be proud. We all need help especially when cool nerves and reflexes are concerned and we've hit middle age 😆 Some call it coffee but I say it's time to bring out something stronger. It's New Year's Eve after all 😁

giphy.gif 

I never feel like I'm getting the timing right on the hitting the accelerator during the countdown. So instead, I hit the gas from the very beginning and then slide to the right to have one opponent hit me from behind, then slide further to let a second one hit me. I've never felt as much of a jerk toward AI in a racing game as I do in this one.

I did it! And just minutes before the Squad Challenge ends at 11:59 Pacific (2 AM around these parts).

2’13”92

Good game, everyone! (Unless someone has another score to post). @RadioPoultry, thanks especially for keeping me on my toes. I was starting to think that I would never beat you at this. I had a blast trying to beat your insanely good scores. If you ever want to do a 2 Player Battle on this game, just let me know!

Thank you, coach @socrates63, for teaching me to believe in myself!

This was a great Squad Challenge indeed. I love this game, and I love it even more now that I got to play it with all of you!

And sorry if I got a little... intense in spots. I meant it all in good fun. I don’t really have any “nemeses”. For now, at least.

Take care, everyone, and have a happy new year! I’m tired. It’s 2 in the morning and I have been playing this silly game for hours trying to beat a chicken. I think I might head to bed.

D67EB6B5-D08C-4942-AF07-906926AC565D.jpeg.cee606fa82b8a867f420e71cffb0be14.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

This was one of the most suspenseful High Score Squad Challenge finishes that I can recall. It was just fun to watch the back and forth the last few days. Well done everyone! 

I agree!  People kept dropping better scores, which made me want to go back in and get better.  Good job, all. 

I'm going to go back in today and try the @RadioPoultry "bump-start" method.  I tried doing that earlier in the week, but couldn't quite figure it out. 

55 minutes ago, RickR said:

I'm going to go back in today and try the @RadioPoultry "bump-start" method.  I tried doing that earlier in the week, but couldn't quite figure it out. 

His method may help you. I personally found better luck by simply hugging the walls tighter than that abominable snowman from Loony Tunes. “I’ll feed it and love it and name it George!”

I used the turbos in one specific spot all the time, that being the area with all the slowdown stuff on the side of the road. This is a game of milliseconds. You have to continue to cut every possible corner during the race. It may only be a difference of a few milliseconds compared to your last attempt, but it adds up fast.

This last run wasn’t flawless by any stretch. I ran into a few walls here and there, and there were spots where I could have cut some more corners. There is certainly wiggle room for someone to overtake it in the future, albeit not very much.

I recommend practicing for hours and hours and hours. Without @RadioPoultry pushing me to my limits, I would not have practiced as hard or played as much. I agree with you all— this was a very intense challenge! I enjoyed it thoroughly.