HDN

Introducing somebody who hasn't played Atari... yet.

Hello everyone! Today, I'd like to welcome this "sad piece of flesh" (his words, not mine).

I've already introduced meself, but today I will be introducing somebody else NOT named Harry.

@Zerobeat2004  (AKA Nicholas May) said that he wanted me to introduce him because his "brain is too mean to him" (his words, not mine). He is one of my pals from the "real world". He "likes the Dreamcast" (his words, not mine), and he mainly plays the generation six games, and has never once felt the joy that Atari has to bring. What a sad sight! That's almost as bad as Gangster Alley! Apparently, he has held a controller for the system, courtesy of his "friend" Andrew. But, sadly, that has been the extent of his experience.

All hope is not lost; I am currently in the process of softmodding his Nintendo Wii system, and with the help of the Wii2600 emulator (which as a matter of fact is the same emulator that introduced me to Atari back in 2011) and Wii7800 emulator he will experience the majesty of Atari! It's about time!

According to Nicholas, the only Atari game that he is interested in is Skateboardin' on the Atari 2600 (for some bizarre reason).

Some other random garbage he's interested are automobiles and (rock) music. His favorite band is Rage Against the Machine. His favorite car of all-time, according to him, is the 2004 Honda Civic. Beep beep!

I'm just messing around. Nicholas is a great dude and I mean no harm by "insulting him". In fact, he is on the telephone with me helping me write this. He is a bit intimidated by the whole Atari I/O community, considering his utter lack of Atari knowledge and street cred. Let's prove him wrong and offer Nicholas a warm Atari I/O welcome! Who knows, maybe he'll even stick around and play some Atari!

Welcome @Zerobeat2004.  Don't get forced into trying  the 2600.  Find what you like and spread out from there. 

On the car front - I have a 2010 Honda CR-V.  Those 2000's Hondas are really great cars.  Mine has a VTEC engine, which is technology that came down from Honda's racing team.  My car is a boring SUV, but when that VTEC kicks in, it ROARS.  I love it.  It just went over 90,000 miles, and I'm hoping to keep it for a loooooong time.

2 hours ago, RickR said:

Welcome @Zerobeat2004.  Don't get forced into trying  the 2600.  Find what you like and spread out from there. 

On the car front - I have a 2010 Honda CR-V.  Those 2000's Hondas are really great cars.  Mine has a VTEC engine, which is technology that came down from Honda's racing team.  My car is a boring SUV, but when that VTEC kicks in, it ROARS.  I love it.  It just went over 90,000 miles, and I'm hoping to keep it for a loooooong time.

I have a car exactly like that , except it's a Toyota & a sedan

Welcome to the forums @Zerobeat2004 :)

I did enjoy introducing my younger nephews to my Atari games. the expressions of how simplistic and low res- these games are and their scoffing at them is all a part of the experiance. then when it comes to playing them how all that dissolves into enjoyment and sharing laughs.

I am now experiencing them introducing me to newer games , "Plants Vs Zombies" was a new one where my nephew just unloads on me from some unknown location while I wander around aimlessly giggling at the absurdity of the places to explore. I think he screen-cheats as well.