Your Greatest In-game Feats

nosweargamer

High scores, speedruns and simply completing some games can be a big deal, but what are some of your greatest in-game feats that you have pulled off. For example, getting a hole-in-one on a golf game, taking no damage against a tough boss or pulling off an insane combo.

Here's one personal example. Recently I sunk the entire pond on Thin Ice for the Intellivision. It may sound easy, but it took a ton of tries to pull off:

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I don't recall pulling off any feats worth remembering in all my years of playing video games. Sad, but then again, I've never considered myself much of a gamer skill-wise.

The only thing remotely in-game feat-worthy is something that's not really a feat 😂 I've been playing Halo Reach in Firefight mode (waves and waves of enemies, no story) for about ten years. Earlier this year, I finally up the difficult from Normal to Heroic (Easy --> Normal --> Heroic --> Legendary), and I managed to finish classic firefight mode (set to one round) a couple of months ago. I felt pretty good about that, and it gave me the courage to try Legendary difficulty (that experiment was extremely short-lived).

Some of the biggest feats for me might seem pretty simple for some. My main ones were beating ET and Raiders Of The Lost Ark on the 2600, rolling the scores on Asteroids and Video Pinball, and getting high enough scores to qualify for Activision patches but never getting a screen shot to send them in. Talking about that, I need to track down the guy on AtariAge who sells reproduction patches so I can see if he has Kaboom, Laser Blast, and the Starmaster ones.

Managed to reach 1 million points on Laser Blast in the Activision Classics game on my PSP, back in the day.

That was A LOT of tedious laser shooting, I can tell you. But it was super satisfying to finally hit 1 million and watch the number counter roll over to !!!!!!.

I used to have a photo of the feat, too, but it's off in the Google Cloud somewhere now.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

On 12/27/2020 at 12:35 PM, Rocker67 said:

Talking about that, I need to track down the guy on AtariAge who sells reproduction patches so I can see if he has Kaboom, Laser Blast, and the Starmaster ones.

If we're talking about the same person (Machine) then he doesn't make repro patches for games that received official ones. I believe all his patches are for games that did not have official Activision patch. All his patches are shown here: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/308314-activision-atari-patches-new-patches-12-12-2020/

But if it's someone else then let us know 🙂