Squad Challenge - Video Pinball (Atari 2600)

Justin

Video Pinball (3 A/A):  607,668

Saw how much fun everyone was having with this one and decided to join the forum!

Never really played this game before and couldn't see why it would be any fun but after spending last two days I really like it now.   Took awhile to get the hang of it but once you do you can break that 6 figure score barrier easily.

20210112_004542.jpg

Edited by AtariSphinx
Typo

On 1/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, RickR said:

You want it to avoid the spinner and hit that first "step".  You may have to nudge a little on the way down to get this trajectory

I also found if I hit the top most step closest to the plunger (doing everything else as @RickR stated) but go from the right side of the spinner can fairly reliably get into the extra ball lane.

Definitely many ways to do this but that worked best for me.  Hope that helps someone crank up their score.

22 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

Video Pinball (3 A/A):  607,668

Saw how much fun everyone was having with this one and decided to join the forum!

Never really played this game before and couldn't see why it would be any fun but after spending last two days I really like it now.   Took awhile to get the hang of it but once you do you can break that 6 figure score barrier easily.

20210112_004542.jpg

Welcome to the Forums @AtariSphinx it's great to have you join us! How did you hear of Atari I/O? I think you'll find this is a nice community with some terrific people, I hope you enjoy your time here!

118,825 points 1/11/21

I had to take a picture of my YouTube livestream lol. It wouldn't download the video said the file was too big. If this doesn't get accepted oh well no big deal. The No Swear Gamer and The Atari Creep can vouge for me that I did this. They both watch my channel.

16105595109628605356285699835156.jpg

9 hours ago, Justin said:

Welcome to the Forums @AtariSphinx it's great to have you join us! How did you hear of Atari I/O? I think you'll find this is a nice community with some terrific people, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thanks!  I saw the site mentioned in various YouTube videos couple months ago (I don't remember whose video but probably one of the Atari.io members with YouTube videos that I frequently watch/subscribe).  Decided to join here.  Looking forward to being in this community!

On 1/7/2021 at 9:34 PM, chas10e said:

Great video & score, it was rather odd the on the bonus count the first time on real hardware so I suspect you score may have been higher but the "squad challenges" here are just for fun to revisit games from when us old timers were young and to expose the young fellows to these games.

Another great video, I really liked the super short-plung then getting the extra ball off the slingshot right away! the visit from the cat was hilarious as cats & pinball is an "actual thing"

Again the "squad challenge" is for fun but for high stakes tournament physical pinball, when possible extra balls are turned off and if an extra ball is earned without the possibility to turn it off after setting up a skill shot it is plunged and hands off so that great players don't marathon the machine.

So lets get along to posting more scores, I thought @ZilchSr had a great idea with a clock running as he played so I incorporated one in the event I rolled it 😉

IMG_2179.JPG.42748cc9031b9bd87f8056f96b4c6c05.JPG

I did post a higher score but doesn't really affect the standings , I'd still be in 7'th place :)

The "format" used for posting a score was off by me in placing it at the end of a post as opposed to the top line of the post is a fault

Great job everybody & welcome to all the new members

1 hour ago, chas10e said:

I did post a higher score but doesn't really affect the standings , I'd still be in 7'th place 🙂

The "format" used for posting a score was off by me in placing it at the end of a post as opposed to the top line of the post is a fault

Great job everybody & welcome to all the new members

Woops! Sorry @chas10e I'll correct the record ☺️