Squad Challenge - Q*bert (Atari 2600)

Justin

On 1/15/2021 at 9:46 PM, nosweargamer said:

Wow! I was just playing this today!

169782421_scorenot.png.518a9fedf19373eb4f77ac1bb16207f9.png

Wait....that's the wrong Qbert game!

I'm sorry, I'll rescind my score. I'm so embarrassed😨

(However, I was playing this earlier today and will be featuring it in a review this month 😁)

Luckily I don't own Qubes, so I won't be making this mistake!! 

39 minutes ago, EEP! said:

I'll try this one. It'll be my first "High Score Squad" entry ever.  I play Q*bert holding the controller traditionally. I tried the diamond hold and I hated it. When I was young I wrapped all the levels on B difficulty. I don't think I am remotely good like that anymore. 

Welcome to High Score Squad @EEP!‼️ I hope you have fun playing with us no matter what your high score is. Welcome! :wreck-it-ralph:

17 hours ago, EEP! said:

I should check out hte NES game. I don't have it. I have the PS1 game however and should play that one more.

FYI, the NES port was also used for the Basic Fun Mini Arcade:

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Sabertooth!

%!#$&! Congratulations to @Sabertooth on his next big win! Sabertooth takes the top spot in our Q*bert Final Standings with his score of 80,675! We've kicked off 2021 with a BANG in High Score Squad, we had our second high participation in a row for this challenge, and we continue to have new Members join the forums to participate! Let's all give a GIANT Atari I/O Welcome to our new friend @EEP! who joined us in High Score Squad this week, it's great to have you here!

Last Challenge's winner @ZilchSr held his place close to the top, posting a score of 69,450 to claim the 2nd Place on our Final Standings. Another new friend to the forums @AtariSphinx takes the 3rd spot on our board with a score of 66,000. "The Mayor" @greenween returns with a vengance and a score of 63,475 to take 4th Place. @TrekMD @nosweargamer @EEP! @Marco1019 @RadioPoultry @RickR @HDN @Dinobot711 @socrates63 @Papa Pete all joined us in this Squad Challenge and came through with stellar scores!

Congratulations once again to @Sabertooth for the win, and as always I'd like to encourage Sabertooth to post his new high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! And a big congratulations to our community for being such a great group, I hope everybody had fun with this classic Parker Brothers Atari 2600 game!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge is Joust for Atari 7800! Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_2600_qbert.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

47 minutes ago, EEP! said:

I have a 7800 but only one game. You can guess which one. It isn't Joust.  Sounds like I will have to find a way to emulate.

I can help you with emulation if you need it.  You might also look into one of the two SD-cart solutions for 7800.  Then you can have all the games on one cartridge.

1 hour ago, RickR said:

I can help you with emulation if you need it.  You might also look into one of the two SD-cart solutions for 7800.  Then you can have all the games on one cartridge.

Thanks! But I'm good. I'll download something.