eBay's new seller requirements

RickR

It's been a while since this change.  But I've noticed one more silly thing.  If you give a partial refund (for example if ebay charged too much for combined shipping), the fee you pay is not reduced.  As an example, someone bought two items from me and ebay simply combined the two shipping costs ($15 * 2), but I was able to put them both in one flat rate box for $20.  I refunded the $10 difference, but still ended up paying the fee for the full $30 shipping. 

On 2/18/2021 at 2:41 AM, RickR said:

Well folks...I just sold my first item using the new seller requirements, and I'm extremely unhappy.  Why?

• Fees are way up.  Books for example.  The fees were 12% before.  14.35% now. 
  • Without paypal, there are no more shipping discounts. 
  • I have no idea when the money will show up in my bank account.  Paypal was immediate. 
  • They keep telling us this is going to save on fees.  But I beg to differ.  A $14 book sale resulted in $3.57 in fees.  Why bother?

I'd love to hear others' experience as they start selling under the new system.  Me personally?  I'm probably done for a while selling on ebay.  What a shame. 

Oh my God!  3.57 in fees is a 25% of the book price... that is unacceptable!

I was thinking in selling via ebay, but the fees appear a bit cumbersome.

Fees for me for most items are holding steady right between 14 and 15%.  Shipping costs are a lot higher now, and you paying fees on those is what takes you above their stated fees for each item category. 

Still, sales are brisk. The ebay economy is in good shape.  My monthly sales continue to rise if I spend time keeping a stock of listings up and active.  There is simply no better place to get top dollar for specialty items.  Ebay is king, and all other sites are too small to compete with the ebay customer/seller base.