Sign in to follow this  
- Ω -

Any TI-99/4A Users want to get active on this site?

TI-99/4A Users Poll  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a TI-99/4A

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you like to see more TI-99/4A activity on this site?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If there is more activity, will you participate?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, HDN said:

I'll have to try to emulate the 99/4A sometime. 

In my opinion, the best emulator is << CLASSIC 99 >> and it's free as well!  It comes with a good supply of starter software... and the ROM's as well.  All you need to do is click on the link, download the software and stick it all in it's own directory.  Easy peasy!

15 hours ago, Justin said:

I'm all for this! Let me know what we can do to help. The more reason TI users have to visit our little site the better off we all are in the long run.

After giving this more thought, what would be nice would be if the TI-99/4A had it's own heading (not under Classic Computing).  I'm not sure you would be willing to do that though with so little traffic at first.  But IF you did that, It would also be cool to see two pinned threads at the top, "TI GOODIES" and "User's Systems".  For "GOODIES" I would spend the next few weeks (as time allows) populating the section with cool stuff.  I have a vision...

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

After giving this more thought, what would be nice would be if the TI-99/4A had it's own heading (not under Classic Computing).  I'm not sure you would be willing to do that though with so little traffic at first.

I fully intend to do that. The way we create new Sub Forums is to incubate them inside broader forums until there are enough topics to move over to a new Sub Forum. In this case TI-99/4A topics are posted under "Classic Computing" until there is enough to break them off into their own Sub Forum. 

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

But IF you did that, It would also be cool to see two pinned threads at the top, "TI GOODIES" and "User's Systems".  For "GOODIES" I would spend the next few weeks (as time allows) populating the section with cool stuff.  I have a vision...

I like that a lot! Let me work on this and you'll see a new Texas Instruments Sub Forum appear within the next few days.

44 minutes ago, Justin said:

I like that a lot! Let me work on this and you'll see a new Texas Instruments Sub Forum appear within the next few days.

Thank you!  If it's also possible, I'd like perpetual edit capability on the first message of the "TI GOODIES" thread so I'll be able to update the files listing with all the new stuff as it appears further on down the thread as time goes by.

On 2/17/2021 at 5:14 PM, - Ω - said:

Thank you! 

Welp, here you go!

https://forums.atari.io/forum/129-texas-instruments/

On 2/17/2021 at 5:14 PM, - Ω - said:

If it's also possible, I'd like perpetual edit capability on the first message of the "TI GOODIES" thread so I'll be able to update the files listing with all the new stuff as it appears further on down the thread as time goes by.

Your wish has been granted, make it so! (Most all Atari I/O Posts have perpetual edit capability, with very few exceptions. It's rarely abused and makes for a better site.)

I'd like to give a special THANK YOU to @- Ω - for stepping up as Atari I/O's first TI-99/4A resident expert and offering to get the TI conversation started in the Forums. 

8 hours ago, Justin said:

I'd like to give a special THANK YOU to @- Ω - for stepping up as Atari I/O's first TI-99/4A resident expert and offering to get the TI conversation started in the Forums. 

Thank you.  I'll not let it go to waste!  I have most of Tuesday & Wednesday off next week, so I'll "start construction" then.  It's going to be fun!