- Ω - (Omega's) YouTube Page

- Ω -

I recently replaced the SDcard slot on my Atarimax cart with a spring loaded one. So much easier to know that I have the card fully inserted and I was getting some inconsistent reads from the older slot.

Edited by CrossBow

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I have a request. You said there were Atari 5200 FMV demos that could be played on the Atarimax SD cartridge. At least, IIRC. If so, can you post these said demos on your YouTube videos? That would be interesting. I know there are A2600 FMV demos, but I have not seen anything on the A5200 concerning FMV. Thanks. :O)

3 hours ago, DegasElite said:

I have a request. You said there were Atari 5200 FMV demos that could be played on the Atarimax SD cartridge. At least, IIRC. If so, can you post these said demos on your YouTube videos? That would be interesting. I know there are A2600 FMV demos, but I have not seen anything on the A5200 concerning FMV. Thanks. :O)

IIRC someone mentioned the demos, not I.  If I can get my hands on those demos, I would be more than happy to post them in a video!

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Yes there is at least two that I know about. One of them is Bad Apple the other is a complete run of Dragon's Lair. But for them  to run semi smooth you need a fast... like class 10 SDcard and even then it can still pause from time to time in playback as it streams data from the SDcard. So they only work on Atarimax Ultimate SD flash carts. I don't think they work in emulation.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I'm not sure that I can post the roms. Someone over at AA asked about it there and was met with crickets. So I'm assuming there is a reason the roms aren't easy to find these days. Just another reason why when I find someone has posted something they are offering to others, I jump on it and download it at that time. Let me see if I can do a little digging.

Hmm..yeah I found the original thread at AA where it was first posted back in 2015. But the links are now dead and I can't find any other places hosting them or even mentioning it. The Bad Apple one link still works so I will post that one here:

badapple.zip

Single play videos now hardly take any time, and can easily be uploaded when I leave the house.  Videos that require camera work, stills, artwork, music tracks and titles are the time consuming ones.  I am so behind right now, I still have the joystick review video to do, the keyboard review to do and a review on a new recording device.  But, meanwhile, here are three recently made videos from my page to view (if you want to).

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Were these captured with the new capture device? I'm asking because I'm noticing that all the text and graphics are ghosted below each other on the lower 1/4 of the screen? Wonder if that is something to do with how the capture device handles interlaced video?

7 hours ago, CrossBow said:

Were these captured with the new capture device? I'm asking because I'm noticing that all the text and graphics are ghosted below each other on the lower 1/4 of the screen? Wonder if that is something to do with how the capture device handles interlaced video?

I'm not sure, when I get some time I'm going to hook it up to one on my composite TI-99/4A's and see if it does the same thing, if so, I'll send it back for a replacement as it's possible it could be a defective unit.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

I suspect it is the interlaced video because on your Star Trek title screen it looks normal at he top, and then on the text about halfway down it starts to ghost directly above/below. And if you look you can see interlace lines between the text. So Yeah... I'm guessing it isn't liking the interlaced video here.

I assume on your actual TV/Display you do NOT see the same ghosting effect correct?

37 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

I assume on your actual TV/Display you do NOT see the same ghosting effect correct?

Correct, when I use my other S-Video to HDMI adapter, or the straight Composite output this does not happen.  It's only when I have the VC500ST inline does this happen on the units monitor or on the TV and in the recordings.  While it sucks, it's still better than pointing any of my cameras or video camera at the monitor.  I may have some time tomorrow to pull out one of the TI's for further testing.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

7 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

While it sucks, it's still better than pointing any of my cameras or video camera at the monitor.

I don't know about that, I make it work pretty well LOL! Although to be fair I do have a capture device and it works pretty well. But because of the limited resolutions it supports for inputs, I have to use the passthrough option on the OSSC for everything to work most of the time and it makes the images look softer when captured than they actually can be made to look on my actual AV setup. It is also just easier for me to point the camera at the LCD, turn off the lights, lock the focus and ISO to an average bright screen and hit record.

1 hour ago, CrossBow said:

Was this captured from your actual Ti or emulation? If from an actual Ti what AV upgrade do you have in place because that looks amazing?!

For recording purposes I used emulation, but on my TI-99/4A I use the F18A VGA enhancement, so it looks exactly the same as you see here.

F18A-Installed.JPG.eb0f0c5e62f156203b4f560cafd44a3c.JPG

437792915_F18AModification.JPG.794d978146c0299a68eaf324742abf5b.JPG

<<< My YouTube Page >>>