WEEKLY SHOWCASE - Homebrews, Ports and Others

- Ω -

Over the past few years there have been some really amazing new 'homebrew' games and some impressive ports.  The question arises, where does one start when showcasing so many cool games?  Well, I couldn't answer that question, so I closed my eyes and picked one.  So, here we go...

PENGO - Yes, Pengo, not a cheap copy or imitation, but a pretty accurate port of the Sega blockbuster.  

1832708588_PengoShowcased.png.164fc47afbf423a60b0f2d70bf15a8cb.png

Give it a shot, and tell us what you think!

In the future all of the "goodies" appearing in this thread will be indexed for easy perusal and downloading, but in many cases the physical file will be in this thread.

EDIT - Please note, you'll have to be signed in for the download to be available.

PENGO.bin

Edited by - Ω -
Slight alteration to the thread name

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Here is a NEW game that took a few years to develop, that was released last Christmas.

836530857_ENKIMAGE.png.ae087da43a50dfe335079aa8513f7dc3.png

I'd like to upload the PDF manual shown above, by this site will not allow me to upload a 12.6 megabyte file.  Sorry.  Anyway the game can be played in Classic 99 or put onto a FlashROM or FinalGROM.

ENK8.bin

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

22 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

I dunno if no one likes the game, or if you all already have it.

Keep them coming, please.  I must have missed this post originally, but I see it now.  I don't have any TI homebrews, and I will give these a try.  I do have the SD card cartridge for TI, so these are most appreciated.  Thanks! 

I've mentioned in other posts, but I'm super pressed for space at the moment with the whole family back home during the pandemic.  One "special" system out at a time.  Right now, it's the Odyssey 2 (and I put away the Commodore 64 to make room) for the "Attack of the Timelord" high score challenge.  I was going to do the Atari 5200 next, but it's so dang big.  Maybe I'll get the TI out next instead. 

On 2/19/2021 at 4:01 AM, - Ω - said:

Over the past few years there have been some really amazing new 'homebrew' games and some impressive ports.  The question arises, where does one start when showcasing so many cool games?  Well, I couldn't answer that question, so I closed my eyes and picked one.  So, here we go...

PENGO - Yes, Pengo, not a cheap copy or imitation, but a pretty accurate port of the Sega blockbuster.  

1832708588_PengoShowcased.png.164fc47afbf423a60b0f2d70bf15a8cb.png

Give it a shot, and tell us what you think!

In the future all of the "goodies" appearing in this thread will be indexed for easy perusal and downloading, but in many cases the physical file will be in this thread.

EDIT - Please note, you'll have to be signed in for the download to be available.

PENGO.bin 32 kB · 2 downloads

I just spotted this thread which is why I didn't reply sooner. This is Pengo for the TI 99/4a? This looks really good.

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

That Berzerk port looks terrific! I'll need to give this a closer look, especially if it uses the speech synthesizer! :berzerk:

That will be the first game I try next time I get the TI out (after our current high-score challenge).  If this version can keep things on-screen moving while playing speech (and I can't imagine why it wouldn't based on the other speech games) then it will have outdone the Atari 5200 version.