Name That Game Via Haiku - March 2021 Forum Thread Game of the Month

nosweargamer

27 minutes ago, RickR said:

No, I take it back.  It's "The Main Event" by Konami. 

You scored the pinfall!

Not only is it a Konami 4 player game like TMNT, but I have the marquees to both games on my wall!

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

FYI - in order for the game not to get too stale, this round will be ending at the end of the month. 

But don't worry! I plan to start a new forum thread game in April, with the plan to have a new game every month! And yes, the Haiku version may return at some point in the future.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

17 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

FYI - in order for the game not to get too stale, this round will be ending at the end of the month. 

But don't worry! I plan to start a new forum thread game in April, with the plan to have a new game every month! And yes, the Haiku version may return at some point in the future.

Name that game via limerick

16 minutes ago, RickR said:

YES!  However, no point until you go enter the high score challenge  😉

Opps! Sorry! Already gave him the point! But you're right: he should try the game for the hsc!

2 minutes ago, HDN said:

You guys, I hate NES Open! The original Golf is way better! But fine, I'll give it a go.

I thought the same.  But there's a not-so-subtle difference.  "Open" lets you aim in finer increments.  That makes it a lot more realistic in my opinion.  It's still arcadey and fast.  I now like Open a lot better than original. 

20 minutes ago, RickR said:

Game & Watch Gallery 2

Sorry for the lateness.  It was sunny here today, I wasn't on the computer at all.

Lucky that the weather was nice! It was miserable outside today, so I've been hunkering down and breaking my thumb with The Activision Decathalon.

Your turn!

56 minutes ago, RickR said:

I may give Decathlon a try today.  It's going to rain here. 

Platform:  Gambeboy Color (and one other)

Looks familiar
Ray, they remade a classic
Two screens, not just one

Yars' Revenge! I have yet to try that. I'll look for a ROM to play on today's family road trip. 

10 minutes ago, HDN said:

Thoughts on GBC Yars Revenge: no thanks. It’s so slow and buggy (pun intended).

Platform: 2600 and 5200

Joysticks defeated 

After constant abusing

Pitfall Harry runs

Decathlon

I have the GBC cartridge of Yars' Revenge.  I think it's pretty good.  The two screens is kind of weird because it makes aiming the cannon hard.  But otherwise, pretty faithful to the orig.