Name That Game Via Haiku - March 2021 Forum Thread Game of the Month

nosweargamer

Just now, HDN said:

Lock and Chase! (‘N chase? ‘N’ chase? & chase?)

Nope. There are rumors that there is a second version of that game with a graphical enhancement, however it's never been found in the wild and that doesn't affect the controls.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

2 minutes ago, RickR said:

Oooh!  I know this one as I've tried both versions.  Auto Racing.

That is correct! I'm impressed you got it so fast! For those who don't know, some cartridges have you steer like a steering wheel while other cartridges have you move your car in whatever direction the disc is pressed.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Just now, nosweargamer said:

That is correct! I'm impressed you got it so fast! For those who don't know, some cartridges have you steer like a steering wheel while other cartridges have you move your car in whatever direction the disc is pressed.

Regarding Auto Racing - check out a game called "Rally Speedway" on C64 or Atari 8-bit.  They take this basic game and perfect it.  It's faster, easier to control, and injects a little humor in the crash animation.  Highly recommended.

OK, back to bidness.

Platform:  Atari 2600

Deceptive box art
Bill Gates probably loved this
Laddie, avoid the bombs

7 minutes ago, RickR said:

Regarding Auto Racing - check out a game called "Rally Speedway" on C64 or Atari 8-bit.  They take this basic game and perfect it.  It's faster, easier to control, and injects a little humor in the crash animation.  Highly recommended.

OK, back to bidness.

Deceptive box art
Laddie, avoid the bombs

Hint:  I'm guessing that second line is too obscure.  Bill Gates loved and got addicted to Minesweeper on Windows. 

23 minutes ago, RickR said:

OK, back to bidness.

Deceptive box art
Laddie, avoid the bombs

Flag Capture!

46 minutes ago, RickR said:

Is it Warbirds?  Sepia tone = old timey WW1 action, and climbing the wall is maybe the pictures on the wall after? 

50 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

Not that I know anything about Lynx games, but even perusing through the list of Lynx games, I'm stumped. Thinking climbing walls might be a ninja thing to do, I looked up gameplay videos on Ninja Gaiden and wasn't sure about the sepia mood.

Sorry, no, but I really dig hearing your thought processes. Here's one hint: it's related to a classic, but the classic is not a classic video game.

2 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

Sorry, no, but I really dig hearing your thought processes. Here's one hint: it's related to a classic, but the classic is not a classic video game.

OH!  Dracula:  The Undead.  I forgot about the part about climbing walls to get into windows. 

38 minutes ago, RickR said:

OH!  Dracula:  The Undead.  I forgot about the part about climbing walls to get into windows. 

Yup! You got it! And it's based on the classic book and features sepia graphics.