Atari I/O Members' TI Systems

Justin

I currently have two TI systems setup in the den.  These photos were taken about 10 minutes before the timestamp on this posting.

System #1: Main Unit 

dpJycDS.jpg

This system has been modified and expanded a little.  The console has an F18A and a PS/2 keyboard enhancement internally.  The P-Box holds a 1Meg SAMS card, TIPI with an RPi 3B+, Triple Tech Card, 80 Track Floppy Controller and a Lotharek HxC SD card storage device.  I mainly use this one for scheduling, BBSing, beta testing and anything that uses 80 columns.

System #2: Gaming Unit

XDKsAIu.jpg

This unit is unmodified, I use it mainly for a small amount of gaming.  This one has also become my "portable unit".  It has two 3D printed sidecars, the first is a TIPI/32K running a RPi ZERO W and the second in a speech synthesizer.

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

58 minutes ago, Airshack said:

My system is reverting to the PEB again because I just ordered TipiPEB. Love those flashing lights and floppy drive capability.

EXCELLENT!  The PEB TIPI is great!  Welcome aboard @Airshack!!!!!!

After you get it all hooked up, I'd love to see a photo!

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 3/5/2021 at 1:30 PM, Airshack said:

My system is reverting to the PEB again because I just ordered TipiPEB. Love those flashing lights and floppy drive capability.

@Airshack my friend, I have one major suggestion for you when it comes to the PEB TIPI unit, be sure to purchase an SD card extension cable!  Why?  Well, for starters you'll be able to use full sized SD cards if you want, but most importantly if you ever have to reformat and reload the SD card due to a glitch, it'll save you a lot of hassle taking the lid off, removing the card and getting tweezers out to remove the micro SD card.  It'll also be practical to run multiple configurations of multiple SD cards.

y8PyLMC.jpg

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

@Airshack Now that you have your P-Box TIPI installed, make a DIS/VAR 80 (text file) in the TIPI root directory with the following information and tell me what you think.

TIPIBEEPS
BAR ON
PROMPT=\c\p \g
PATH=TIPI.LOADERS.;TIPI.FC.;TIPI.APPS.
XMOD=XB28GEMG
XBADDR=32325

ECHO
ECHO

Omit the text in RED if you don't use GEM 2.8 as your Extended BASIC.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

First post, been lurking for a while. Seems like a nice and friendly forum! Anyway, here is my 32k "In the console" F18 equipped CF7+ Raspberry Pi 400 Mickey Mouse time keeping work and play station. It looks like they were meant to be together.  Lol!  A quick press of a button on the TV remote and I get full access to the Atari I/O forums and all other Googley stuff. It works for me! 

20210223_151708.jpg.8ed7fd760d34817b7bf51809634de51a.jpg

Well you know I had it in my mind ever since seeing this thread to get around to going through my boxes and finding all my Ti stuff but as often the case life and priorities and crap going on in my life meant I never got around to it HOWEVER I just happen to stumble on this video I made back in 2011 for a Ti Facebook group and since really nothing has changed regarding the content other than it's all just been sitting in storage this is still as good a video as any I could currently make so I might as well be lazy and just share it here to represent my Ti collection. 😏😉

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

7 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

@Atari Creep I liked the video, it was entertaining, fun and I loved the plug for Atari.io.  You know, from now on that is going to be a theme in all my videos, I'm going to figure out a new and creative method in all future videos to insert a plug for Atari.io.

Right on, thanks. Atari IO has been a part of my channel for a long time. They are a big part of what my channel is about. 

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

Here's mine. Nothing fancy. Unmodded unit and three games. I have a pair of Amiga-branded controllers I use with it. Really small controllers but comfortable to use.  Sadly, I've not seen any games in the wild for it.  Which is OK because when it comes to older computers I'm more of an Atari boy.  Not that I don't like it I just have more experience with Atari computers.

IMG_20220106_225838.jpg.20b73a67047892641da63764f3e06e3c.jpg