A couple very 80's pictures of me

MaximumRD

😏86 or 87 Graduation, the look, to the boom box behind me to the wacky mushroom pattern wallpaper (my room was originally a kitchen) all scream 80’s. Note - the first picture is heading out to high school graduation dance and second showing my t-shirt is my happy return home.

168169153_10159698141858109_6522020267178509840_n.jpg.9f9e6f3b4d9684021a96a20244bebea6.jpg

167995784_10159698141863109_2675784815406428847_n.jpg.a4ee3b3ec1ba12d06736d6c7bb15fcec.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

I have very few pics of me in general and even less so from back then. But here is one that I know was sometime in the mid 80s. This was at my step-dad's mom's house (Step Grandma?). Anyway, we would go over there quite a bit. This was taken in her kitchen. No idea what that robot is now, I'm guessing it was a GoBot that used multiple GoBots to form the larger one standing here. Anyway, that is a much younger me...

Young_Me.jpg.473429c856e3894c80b1e5146521c2b9.jpg

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

6 hours ago, RickR said:

You ever do a "Omega, line 3.  Omega, call on line 3" with that phone on the left?  Because that's what I'd do all day to annoy everyone around me. 

Naw.  The main reason I got that phone was because it was cheap ($5.00) and I could use it with my acoustical modem.  That phone had a funky proprietary connector so I had to add a couple of RJ-11 jacks to the cable.  The thing was, that phone would NEVER ring, which never bothered me much because line 1 was the main house line and the other phones on it would ring and I would just press LINE 1 and pickup the phone.  I would only press LINE 2 when I wanted to call the bulletin boards.  I always assumed the lights, hold button and ringing features were controlled some Bell System box I didn't have.  It served me well for about 5 years, even after I switched to a direct connect modem.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 5/12/2021 at 10:36 AM, CrossBow said:

I have very few pics of me in general and even less so from back then. But here is one that I know was sometime in the mid 80s. This was at my step-dad's mom's house (Step Grandma?). Anyway, we would go over there quite a bit. This was taken in her kitchen. No idea what that robot is now, I'm guessing it was a GoBot that used multiple GoBots to form the larger one standing here. Anyway, that is a much younger me...

Young_Me.jpg.473429c856e3894c80b1e5146521c2b9.jpg

Something I just remembered and didn't mention in this pic is two things:

It is a rare pic that shows when my ear was pierced. That tells me I was about 9 in this pic as that is when I got my ear pierced. 

The second thing I know about this picture, is that you can see there is what looks to be a mirror behind my right shoulder. That is actually where a window used to be as that house had a large Den added to the back of it and that was now an opening between the kitching and the Den. In that den just in the corner of where that opening is on the other side of the wall, is where my Grandma's Ti-99 computer setup sat.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections