Sign in to follow this  
btbfilms76

The Jag Bar

Myst was the reason I bought a Jaguar CD.

People like to hate on that system, compare it to a toilet, whatever. If you played Myst on the Jaguar when it was first released you knew it was the best version of Myst you could get your grubby hands on.

The Jag Bar is awesome btbfilms76, keep it coming!

Yeah, I agree. Myst was something else on the Jaguar. It was mint. I have it and still, twenty-plus years later, have not solved every puzzle. Excellent RPG. :)

Thanks for that info. Wow who knew it was only one guy dealing with the 3D, but its not surprising

I will post his worknotes. He was doing almost everything except sound. Some notable specifics is Hover Strikes' smooth polygons. No warping. And apparently some mip mapping. Draw distance/rate isn't great and game itself isn't bery good but the textures are sharp.

I think one of Segas AM R&D depts were as big as all of Atari.

Some people really love Baldies but I could just never put the time into it. Given the Jag CD's limited retail release library, it's an odd addition over cancelled but complete titles like SoulStar, World Tour Racing and Iron Soldier 2. Fortunately, we got those last two from Telegames and a repaired version of SoulStar seems to be on the horizon.