Squad Challenge - Venture (Atari 2600)

Justin

18 hours ago, DegasElite said:

The question is this: Can I post these progressing scores without usurping the high score? I don't want to steal the wind from anyone's sails. That's all. Thanks. :O)

I think of it posting your personal best & progress

I'll post a score as long as it was higher than MY previously posted score ( I was hoping to beet @RickR to the 10k mark .. well anyone actually :wreck-it-ralph_anim:

I did notice an oddity .... someone is mushing teh fruit 261010754_atariiomushedfruit.jpg.4d8099d9458bcaa6cefa0e9e7b413e75.jpg

On 7/13/2021 at 5:12 PM, chas10e said:

I think of it posting your personal best & progress

I'll post a score as long as it was higher than MY previously posted score ( I was hoping to beet @RickR to the 10k mark .. well anyone actually :wreck-it-ralph_anim:

I did notice an oddity .... someone is mushing teh fruit 261010754_atariiomushedfruit.jpg.4d8099d9458bcaa6cefa0e9e7b413e75.jpg

On 7/13/2021 at 5:13 PM, DegasElite said:

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I like the new looks on the member pages. :O)

There was a site update the other night that caused them to look mushed like that 😧 Justin will create new ones once he has time

17 hours ago, Gianna said:

My final score: 10,100

IMG_4190.jpeg.897ae2c2a73df95d9a26cc0a64c6cfd1.jpeg

nicly done 😉 ... I had the game loaded up on the last night played one & it was getting late so I didn't improve my score.

20 hours ago, Scott Stilphen said:

The rules also say: 

Screen captures are not allowed as they are more easily manipulated for falsified scores.

... and I'm the only one who posted a video 🙂

Yeah it looks like the only video posted. I thought about leaving the room like you had if there was an undesirable enemy pattern. My last game , I cleared the room and exited and the hallway enemy was right on top of me, I couldn't sneak back in the room 😠 ... it did give me a few moments before I died but still 😠

All the images of score are photographs of screens as opposed to a screen capture if you were playing say in Stella on a PC

On 7/14/2021 at 11:02 AM, RickR said:

Extremely impressive but the rules say 

Scores must be achieved between July 1st through July 14th, 2021.

This awesome score should go in the high score forum. 

This score IS IN the high score forum, I knew all them zeros before my score were there for a reason

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Rick R!

Congratulations to @RickR on a terrific score! Rick secured the top spot on in our Final Standings for this Squad Challenge with his score of 13,100 points. @DegasElite took 2nd Place with a score of 11,100 points. @Gianna came through with a stellar score to take 3rd Place on our Final Standings with a score of 10,100 points! @chas10e @TrekMD @btbfilms76 @Justin and @MaliciousCarp all joined in on our Venture Squad Challenge and posted respectable scores. Great to see you guys coming out for Venture and posting such good scores, you are all legends. 

Honorable Mention to @Scott Stilphen for sharing the video of his performance of the first 100K point game! He had an astounding game with 104,400 performed live on YouTube on April 29, 2020.

Congratulations to @RickR on his big win, and a huge THANK YOU to everyone whose been getting the word out about our community and inviting others to join us in High Score Squad. As always I'd like to encourage @Scott Stilphen to post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! I'd also like to encourage @RickR to share his score in the Scoreboard as well if he is able to post his score before Scott. And a big congratulations to our community for being such a great group to spend time with, I hope everybody had fun checking out Venture!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge is for the NES! Be there!

large.final_standings_atari_2600_venture.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

On 7/14/2021 at 10:55 PM, Gianna said:

There was a site update the other night that caused them to look mushed like that 😧 Justin will create new ones once he has time

Correct, thank you. I posted a status update about this on the home page a few days ago. Just another headache.

8 hours ago, Justin said:

Correct, thank you. I posted a status update about this on the home page a few days ago. Just another headache.

You know, I like the site upgrade. It's looking better. I am sure the fruit issue will be corrected, but actually I thought that was part of the upgrade process by compressing it. I didn't think much about it. It's getting there, and I like the results. :O)

20 minutes ago, RickR said:

@Scott Stilphen is the victor.  

Thanks for hosting, this was a fun game.

And big thanks to @TrekMDfor posting the "reloaded" version of Venture, which is a huge improvement. 

Yes, Venture Reloaded is a modest improvement. I like playing it because it is so much closer to the arcade version. It even sounds more like it. Very good conversion. :O)

Edited by DegasElite