Show Off Your Successful Trades!

Zontar

Not a trade....chas10e sent me all this gold at no charge!  WOW.  I can't thank you enough. 

The bowling game is what started this.  It needs a new battery we think.  I'll figure it out.

The Atari 8-bit books are just 100% pure treasure to me.  The 8-bit computers are my favorite retro system.  These babies are going to have a nice home here.  The catalog on the lower left is particularly fascinating -- it has a bunch of the computers that were planned but never produced.  Atari 1450XLD anyone? 

Thanks again. \o/

post-41-0-77235300-1491414067_thumb.jpg

Not a trade....chas10e sent me all this gold at no charge!  WOW.  I can't thank you enough. 

The bowling game is what started this.  It needs a new battery we think.  I'll figure it out.

The Atari 8-bit books are just 100% pure treasure to me.  The 8-bit computers are my favorite retro system.  These babies are going to have a nice home here.  The catalog on the lower left is particularly fascinating -- it has a bunch of the computers that were planned but never produced.  Atari 1450XLD anyone? 

Thanks again. \o/

the bowling thing used to come-on pressing button through the package ... but it was sealed & I can't bring myself to open a sealed game :P .... so you gatta open it , fix batteries & re-seal it so it looks like it never been opened  ... I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

all the 8-bit stuff books I rescued from recycling place and knew they would thoroughly be enjoyed. ... opening a book isn't something I do much of either 

Don't tell Jmjustin I'm opting up that sealed bowling game. But honestly...how else can I fix it and play with it? Spare me any guilt-trips :)

I will admit that when i heard "opening a sealed game" a chill did run past me, but hey if you can get it working and actually play it have at it.

You are a stronger person than me opening the packaging. Hell i recently bought a sealed VHS tape and i had to open it to watch it and i still hate myself for doing it!!

Edited by jmjustin6

So part of this was a trade, part of it was cash, and part of it was just plain ol generosity from none other than RickR! I just have to thank him again for sending me, for the cost of shipping alone, a functioning Atari 5200 with a copy of Pac Man! We did a trade for the two controllers (also generous as eBay has shown me they go for quite a bit!), and I have been thoroughly enjoying this system! Once you get used to the controllers its pretty fun, although admittedly some games are easier to control than others.

I just thought I would post my entire collection in a pic, but for details on how I scored the other carts see http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2999-so-i-bought-a-bunch-of-5200-games/

EaneI88h.jpg

So part of this was a trade, part of it was cash, and part of it was just plain ol generosity from none other than RickR! I just have to thank him again for sending me, for the cost of shipping alone, a functioning Atari 5200 with a copy of Pac Man! We did a trade for the two controllers (also generous as eBay has shown me they go for quite a bit!), and I have been thoroughly enjoying this system! Once you get used to the controllers its pretty fun, although admittedly some games are easier to control than others.

I just thought I would post my entire collection in a pic, but for details on how I scored the other carts see http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2999-so-i-bought-a-bunch-of-5200-games/

EaneI88h.jpg

Are they Ricks special reconditioned controllers with the aluminum foil?

I just thought I would post my entire collection in a pic, but for details on how I scored the other carts see http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/2999-so-i-bought-a-bunch-of-5200-games/

EaneI88h.jpg

:atari_5200:  I could totally see that console being made a "Mad Max edition" ... of course you might need someone to develop a home-brew with that theme as well ;)

Custom-LEGO-Mad-Max-War-Rig-Truck.jpg

It does indeed.  And it works well.  I used that rig for testing controllers, and was always amazed with the perfect video quality. 

I'm just happy it's gone to a good home.  And thank you for being a good sport about the slow shipping.  We ended up using USPS Parcel Select, and it took forever.  But that was the lowest price option. 

18275038_888288017975907_378282976554011

Thanks RickR for the great trade!   (Super Mario World we got from Goodwill)

Always a pleasure to trade with you.

In return, I got a Intellivision system changer (2600 adapter), "Final Approach" for 2600, and a big giant STACK of PSP games and movies.  And also a broken 2600 Vader that needs repair.  Sorry for the lack of pictures....I'll get a few shots once I get the INTV 2 out for testing.

THANKS!. 

Whats psp games did you get?

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Tekken 6

Saw 3 (movie)

Fun With Dick and Jane (Movie)

The Fifth Element (movie)

Snatch (movie)

Lumines

Entourage Complete First Season (movie)

Aeon Flux (movie)

Mirror Mask (movie)