Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Posted your latest/recent pickup!"

LeeJ07 was awarded the badge 'Pickup Artist' and 1 points.

I've picked up a lot lately. Mostly replacements for my collection I lost in the fire.

Wii Sports Resort, Fable 3, Fallout 3, Forza Motorsport 4, Odama, just to name a few, are new games I've never owned before.

Also went and got an original gold cart of The Legend of Zelda for the NES just because I've always wanted one.

20210612_154955.jpg

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Posted your latest/recent pickup!"

socrates63 was awarded the badge 'Pickup Artist' and 1 points.

Some recent pick-ups with the most notable one being the Intellivision 1 in the Super Video Arcade shell. Crossbow recently posted this for sale.

All the games came from two visits to Pink Gorilla this month. It was cool seeing CIB Jaguar games. There was another one or two that I left in the store. If they're still there the next time I visit, I'll grab them. I now have three CIB Jaguar games (Tempest is the third one).

218907859_4987822717901491_8282646583187772115_n.jpg.8332d1fbd0d7646da0ed3c662bc0d980.jpg

217622962_4987822741234822_1981184489117615529_n.jpg.b6f11170e9cca6e30481952685e55b7a.jpg

217151720_4969561943060902_1530852672185073840_n.jpg.4711563d57abd97a331d49991f7a09f9.jpg

214976055_4966742553342841_2880525840991568336_n.jpg.01110018cd1eb05dcaafb0d66b64b129.jpg

216869414_4969561969727566_6659306654581800707_n.jpg.d19c6e526b14866ff80504f6edec8b5a.jpg

213343668_4966742576676172_7631456109332108905_n.jpg.1272578f047d381a51c10655f45f3492.jpg

Man the lighting doesn't do the SVA justice. I cleaned that sucker as well as I could before offering it up. Then again, we keep it on the darker side of lighting in my house so the yellowing is likely accurate since that wouldn't stand out as much here.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

On the contrary, I think it looks nice.  I have the same Sears unit myself, and it's an off-color white (not quite beige).  Looks like we maybe got a partial shadow of Mr. @socrates63that makes it look a little darker. 

I love the SVA version of the Intellivision because the controllers are detachable.  I'm able to use one of the controllers from the Intv flashback (with a converter cable), and it works great. 

Yes, I think the filter I used to make the colors pop a little created the darkness. Here's a photo with no edits by me, and it's naturally lit from the window on the side. It is very difficult to tell whether something yellow or the original color. I have to stare at it pretty closely and intently to tell. Jesse, you did a great job of removing the yellowing. It looks great. I think the yellowing is more prominent in this photo (iPhone 6s Plus camera) than it actually is.

IMG_0607.JPG.26df4201d7fece74bf071ff6abd084a1.JPG

Dude, you got Gunpey on the PSP?

Crazily enough, I happen to own the original system Gunpey was released on, the Bandai Wonderswan, which was the last piece of hardware designed by Game Boy creator Gunpei Yokoi before he tragically died. The Wonderswan was only released in Japan.

Gunpey was actually named in honor of Gunpei Yokoi after he passed away.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

Fresh arrivals! I picked these up from AtariAge Marketplace on Facebook. Only took a couple of days.

I really need to set up my 800XL. I can't wait to type in BASIC code from books and magazines and relive those days as a kid when I spent an entire Saturday entering code and debugging. It took me an hour to enter a page worth of code from magazines as a kid.

IMG_0609.JPG.14b61b190d1323e77dd1b1591aa5e570.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG.7258f09aa01c7197909de74a849ca1f4.JPG

Edited by socrates63

23 hours ago, socrates63 said:

Yes, I think the filter I used to make the colors pop a little created the darkness. Here's a photo with no edits by me, and it's naturally lit from the window on the side. It is very difficult to tell whether something yellow or the original color. I have to stare at it pretty closely and intently to tell. Jesse, you did a great job of removing the yellowing. It looks great. I think the yellowing is more prominent in this photo (iPhone 6s Plus camera) than it actually is.

IMG_0607.JPG.26df4201d7fece74bf071ff6abd084a1.JPG

You know what is really strange though about every single SVA I have come across? They all..and I mean they ALL seem to have a section of the brown scraped away in nearly the same pattern and place on them on the back behind the player 1 controller? Why is that I wonder? I've wondered if it was due to the controller cable being left unwound and laying ontop of the back section there and interacting with the plastic over time? But yeah, I've got two other SVAs and they have nearly the same scruff marking in the same place along the back grill behind controller 1. So strange...

That SVA is actually nicer than my other 2. The other two don't have much brown paint left on the Super Video Arcade wording in the lower left of the top case shell or they have warping forming around the power and reset buttons on the woodgrain vinyl sticker they used there. If I could get another pair of matching SVA controllers, I could kick out another one for the masses.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

20 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

You know what is really strange though about every single SVA I have come across? They all..and I mean they ALL seem to have a section of the brown scraped away in nearly the same pattern and place on them on the back behind the player 1 controller? Why is that I wonder? I've wondered if it was due to the controller cable being left unwound and laying ontop of the back section there and interacting with the plastic over time? But yeah, I've got two other SVAs and they have nearly the same scruff marking in the same place along the back grill behind controller 1. So strange...

That SVA is actually nicer than my other 2. The other two don't have much brown paint left on the Super Video Arcade wording in the lower left of the top case shell or they have warping forming around the power and reset buttons on the woodgrain vinyl sticker they used there. If I could get another pair of matching SVA controllers, I could kick out another one for the masses.

Here's a picture of mine.  It's in good shape.  Interestingly, my controllers aren't white like yours/Young's. 

I got this one a LONG time ago (I want to say 20 years ago) from a local guy who sold it pretty cheap because he said it was broken (it failed some diagnostic cart he had).  I've never had an issue with it.  It works perfectly.  No idea what he was talking about.  At the time, I had a regular brown Intellivsion that was pretty beat up.  I loved this one so much, I sold off the other.  I forgot to mention the other reason I like the Sears model so much is the lack of coiling on the controller cords.  I hated that on the regular Intv...it felt like the controller was being pulled out of your hand no matter how close you sat to the console. 

Intellivision Collection 2016-07-13 002.JPG

Edited by RickR

8 minutes ago, RickR said:

Here's a picture of mine.  It's in good shape.  Interestingly, my controllers aren't white like yours/Young's. 

I got this one a LONG time ago (I want to say 20 years ago) from a local guy who sold it pretty cheap because he said it was broken (it failed some diagnostic cart he had).  I've never had an issue with it.  It works perfectly.  No idea what he was talking about.  At the time, I had a regular brown Intellivsion that was pretty beat up.  I loved this one so much, I sold off the other.  I forgot to mention the other reason I like the Sears model so much is the lack of coiling on the controller cords.  I hated that on the regular Intv...it felt like the controller was being pulled out of your hand no matter how close you sat to the console. 

Beautiful set, Rick.

I totally agree about the coiled cable. I'm glad the SVA controllers did away with that. I had been thinking about picking up the original Intellivision, but now that I have this one, I won't be looking.

18 hours ago, RickR said:

Intellivision Collection 2016-07-13 002.JPG

My guess on this is that these controllers were not part of the system originally. There ins't any difference between the controllers of the SVA and the standard 2609 other than the cords themselves. But those are EASILY swapped out. So I'm sure these are standard 2609 controllers that someone put the sears cords into. 

As for the diagnostics failing...hehe. The actual SVA units have a slightly different rom and character set in them. As a result, the fonts are a little different on the title screens and games that used the font characters. And the Mattel presents... portion in most of the title screens doesn't appear on the SVA units. Point is, a standard MTE-201 test cartridge will show failures on two of the rom chips in the SVA because of the differences. To properly test the SVA you need to use a newer version of the Rom diagnostic. I can't recall which one, maybe v3? I have an actual v1 MTE test cart and my SVA fails that test. I have a rom image of the v4.1 test cart and all variants of the Intellivisions will pass in that test as it knows the difference between the various models.

That is good info, thank you!  You know, I have an LTO cart for Intellivision.  I guess I could find the diagnostic rom images and try out this theory myself. 

And you're probably right about the controllers.  It's weird, though, that I never really noticed the controllers were "wrong" before.  It doesn't bother me in any way.  I think it makes my system a tiny bit more interesting.