Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

I normally find something to like about every video game system I've owned, but of all those systems, and I have owned a lot, I just couldn't find that with the Jag or the 3DO . 

⚠️ THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT:
https://forums.atari.io/topic/6133-my-secret-identity-is-known-as-astomiman-destroyer-of-worlds/

On 11/30/2021 at 8:18 AM, RickR said:

And the controllers work fine for me.  They fit my hands nicely.  I think they do look a little weird with the old-style keypad.  They are a home run compared to the 5200 controllers. 

I agree, the Jag controller is like a Volvo, it works well first time every time, the CX52 was exotic with it's analog design and is like an old Ferrari that need constant tuning and maintenance. Impractical by nature, but IMO more fun to own and drive.  

Edited by intellicolecovisonary

https://forums.atari.io/topic/6133-my-secret-identity-is-known-as-astomiman-destroyer-of-worlds/

Update on the $67 Atari 5200 lot from the Salvation Army. The 5200 console works perfectly and I replaced the broken case parts. Both CX52 controllers are in very nice condition and work pretty well after cleaning but need some pot tweeking as they all do. The Wico joystick I found after opening it up has an open in the cable and will most likely work when replaced but I have 2 other working ones right now so that's on the back burner. I was beginning to believe deals like this were not possible anymore. It restores my faith in the free market a tiny bit...

5200 stuff.jpg

Wow, folks have picked up some amazing stuff the past couple of weeks 👏👏👏 ❤️

Here's my most recent pick up. I bought a loose copy of the Zelda game from a local gamer to go with the case and manual that I got online. When I got the Vectrex earlier this year, my intent was to get a multicart and not collect the official games. Well, that idea partly went out the window when I saw some CIB copies for a good price. I'm particularly excited by the Star Trek game as it is one of the games I owned back in the 80s. I'm still not planning to add any more Vectrex games 😛 Now if I can just find some time to play 🙁 Hopefully later this month 🤞

261734776_5417986981551727_1603242993313915260_n.jpg.9f8aaef328026b5681b2b845c2f24332.jpg

I have a Sean Kelly Multi-cart myself but a couple of years ago I still managed to collect all the OEM games and overlays some CIB pretty inexpensively. Games were easy to find, overlays a bit harder. I imagine they cost a lot more now. There's nothing better looking than vector graphics to my eyes. There's a lot of great homebrews like Protector, Vector Blade and Vector Pilot and Vector Patrol out there as well. I keep thinking about getting a Vec-Multi flash cart.

WIN_20211022_14_07_07_Pro.jpg

WIN_20211024_11_37_28_Pro.jpg

Vector Pilot and Vector Patrol are pretty much reasons along to own a Vectrex! Especially Vector Pilot as I still find secrets in that game it seems each time I figure it up. Vectroblade is very cool but I think I have an earlier version of the game that still suffers from some game breaking bugs. I bought mine from Sean Kelly before Packrat was selling them and sending them out so pretty sure it is an early release.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I bet that that cart has really low mileage. I'm sure a few rented it once and if word of mouth means anything it didn't get rented much after. 

Another non-video-game related item. 

I used to collect watches.  It was one of those things that you end up with more than you could ever really use. So I decided to focus more on "automatic" vintage watches (no batteries or winding necessary).  I've got about 5 of those and again, decided that was enough and stopped collecting decades ago. 

This watch came to be via a "Buy nothing" group.  It was old, dirty, and broken.  I cleaned it up, lubed it, added a new battery and band, and now it works great.  Pulsar with day and date and also iridescent hands.  It isn't an automatic, but I still like it.  Mostly because it needed to be rescued. 

I understand the appeal of the modern "smart" watch, but it's one of those things that's not for me.  I like the vintage analog stuff best. 

watch 005.JPG

Edited by RickR

3 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

I've been wanting to buy a new watch for a long time, but the Data-Link watch I've been wearing for over 20 years refuses to die.

WATCH.jpg.48b024a61e5bc3ebf5d8c94ec06e4394.jpg

That thing is NICE!  This one here is the one I wear most often...Casio Wave Ceptor -- it grabs the time from the atomic clock signals.  Honestly, nothing is better than this and the one you have. 

fitbit 003.JPG

1 minute ago, RickR said:

That thing is NICE!  This one here is the one I wear most often...Casio Wave Ceptor -- it grabs the time from the atomic clock signals.  Honestly, nothing is better than this and the one you have. 

The problem is, I can no longer program in the musical alarms and the assorted programs for it as it requires holding it up in front of an old CRT monitor.  Now it's just a watch without the additional toys.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Just now, - Ω - said:

The problem is, I can no longer program in the musical alarms and the assorted programs for it as it requires holding it up in front of an old CRT monitor.  Now it's just a watch without the additional toys.

Well I'd say you are the perfect candidate to try a smart watch, as adding apps is what they do.  No CRT monitor required.

I'm wearing that "new-to-me" Fitbit today, and I've added a fancy clock app, and weather app.  I'm not sure what else to do.  It's keeping track of my steps and heart rate, which is nice.  I'll have to see how long the battery lasts before it needs a charge.  It says it also tracks your sleep quality.