Jump to content

Post your latest/recent pickups!


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, HDN said:

I love this game. I’m happy to finally own a copy.

13436BBC-925F-4D7C-B79D-2BD90C0CE4CF.jpeg.986a95b0ab8f13cd3bf6b07e37162cab.jpeg

I like that game a lot, @HDN!  Very cool pickup.  Anytime you take a classic like SMB and add more levels and features, that's a very good thing.  I know people like to complain about the smaller screen size...but I think it takes an old classic and adds a little bit of challenge. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A gamer/reseller in a local group is having a garage sale today. Turns out he lives only 5 minutes from me, so I stopped by this morning. There was an in-the-box Odyssey 2 for $20 that was calling me, but I paused to think about my collecting rule not to go older than the 2600. While I was thinking about it, someone snagged it--how rude 😆 but moral crisis abated 🤣

I've been on a Dynasty Warriors kick lately. When I mentioned that I enjoyed the combat in Drakengard, someone recommended that I give Dynasty Warriors a look. Turns out he was right. I'm currently playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam on the Xbox 360.

IMG_0625.JPG.76f65343f37813cafbc1a5542bc63d39.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"In the box Odyssey 2".  I understand why you passed.  Without a nostalgic connection, it makes sense to skip it.  But $20???  Wow!

I got these two empty boxes, which is nice because I have a Wii Fit and a DS Lite with no box.  It's like those "separated at birth" re connections! 

shelves 002.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An interesting update on those three SMS games I picked up....

I tested them and Great Soccer worked fine, Great Baseball came up as Great Ice Hockey, and Great Ice Hockey came up as Space Harrier!  Oh my!  I switched Great Hockey into the right case and relabeled Great Baseball. 

And now I'm on the hunt again for a working "Great Baseball".

 

sms 001.JPG

Edited by RickR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 2:49 PM, socrates63 said:

A gamer/reseller in a local group is having a garage sale today. Turns out he lives only 5 minutes from me, so I stopped by this morning. There was an in-the-box Odyssey 2 for $20 that was calling me, but I paused to think about my collecting rule not to go older than the 2600. While I was thinking about it, someone snagged it--how rude 😆 but moral crisis abated 🤣

I've been on a Dynasty Warriors kick lately. When I mentioned that I enjoyed the combat in Drakengard, someone recommended that I give Dynasty Warriors a look. Turns out he was right. I'm currently playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam on the Xbox 360.

IMG_0625.JPG.76f65343f37813cafbc1a5542bc63d39.JPG

NOOOO! The horror! The odyssey 2 is so good! 
 

I’m kidding of course. You have some great pickups there. That Frogger game is pretty interesting. They used the same box art for a ton of arcade ports of Frogger to things like the SNES and Genesis, but the PS1 version iirc is an original game! And it has the same art! Weird, huh?

On 7/28/2021 at 10:27 AM, RickR said:

And now I'm on the hunt again for a working "Great Baseball".

I saw some great sports games at the store the other day. I don’t remember if Baseball was there.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:08 AM, RickR said:

I like that game a lot, @HDN!  Very cool pickup.  Anytime you take a classic like SMB and add more levels and features, that's a very good thing.  I know people like to complain about the smaller screen size...but I think it takes an old classic and adds a little bit of challenge. 

 

I know, right? It’s a great package with tons of content. Plus, I’ve played so much SMB that I’ve practically memorized the level layouts at this point. I somehow managed to beat Lost Levels with the screen crunch as a kid, and that’s the only way I’ve ever beaten that game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forgot to mention it, but I got this with Mario Deluxe. Anyone played this before? I’ve NEVER seen anyone ever talk about it. I imagine it’s one of the rarer Odyssey 2 games as I’ve never seen it in person before or mentioned outside of the catalogs, but it was pretty cheap. It’s a ton of fun.

B8974DC5-C168-4B8F-AB1F-62881257F561.jpeg.6108344db1a08132f1a10622d96af64f.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mail call -- some Atari Jaguar love from the AtariAge store: two homebrews and the Jag GameDrive.

I've very limited experience with the Jaguar, but the moment I loaded up Cybermorph, I loved it. The graphics and art style were very reminiscent of Atari ST era of games (none of which I've played since thirty years ago). I've seen the many negative reviews and comments, but I actually had fun playing Cybermorph.

There's so much goodness in classic gaming that I pay less attention to the modern games and more to classic video games. C'mon retirement, hurry up.

IMG_0672.JPG.b9fbeb461b3d7eb7733a334b128cafea.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...