Post your latest/recent pickups!

RickR

On 9/28/2021 at 6:26 PM, RickR said:

This is so helpful.  Thanks!  The one I have has two ports, so it probably does not have PS2 compatibility.  It's probably still worth fixing because RickR cannot leave a fixable game console unfixed! 

I really liked the ps3 over xbox360 because of the exclusive games like uncharted and the fat ps3 is a nice looking system vs the slim.  Definitely fix if possible. 

Pick up today! I drove out to Seattle in the pouring rain to get games I bought from a local gamer last week. He happens to live a few minutes drive from Pink Gorilla and Al's (retro games and music), so I made the rounds there as well.

I love soundtracks. I couldn't say no to Battlestar Galactica with the 70s style jacket art. I'm not sure about the music, but the jacket alone makes it worthwhile 🙂 I've heard Love Story is a good movie, so I grabbed the album.

As for the games, I'm happy to have gotten the Dead Space Extraction. I hear it's the prequel to the main Dead Space series. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself since I'm a big 🐔. I only managed to play the first Dead Space game for about 20 minutes before quitting due to stress and anxiety 😆. I've heard the Star Trek game is a good one. I picked up Deep Water because it was on my wishlist, and I rarely run into PAL games in the wild. With the cost of shipping from Europe or Australia these days, this was way cheaper than ebay.

IMG_0879.JPG.a8c7d7d14b5b8525c44ae11340901802.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG.5650d339701ddf17ce14a4317f3b3b2b.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG.95c257508d3149205ac4589457e41ccf.JPG

This morning, I drove three hours to pick up my Vectrex from a member of the local gaming group member who cleaned up, recapped, added the no buzz kit, and provided some overall TLC. He even cleaned up the case with car detailing product for that liquidity black finish. My Vectrex is now looking factory fresh inside and out.

Afterwards, I drove about 20 minutes to Portland to visit a store called Final Form. I went there for the first time in August (during the trip when I was dropping off my Vectrex for service). It's a very small store but has a good collection of games, music, and movies that I don't often see in other stores. Of the several stores in Portland I visited back in August, this was my favorite, so I went back today and picked up some games and a movie. Love the no sales tax in Oregon 👍

Coraline came with the lenticular slip cover which is pretty cool. The Worms game had the Pink Gorilla price sticker on it. I guess someone bought it in Seattle and traded it in Portland? In any case, it's back in the Seattle area again 🙂 I don't know anything about Coded Gun. It was a cheap game and the Korean version. I asked the store owner if it was related to Coded Arm which I bought from him the last time I visited. He didn't know and just gave it to me for free. Thank you kindly 🙂 

I didn't have a lot time today, so I didn't reach out to you this time @RickR. I need to visit your garage 😄

IMG_0898.JPG.b603baff4c0745f62d6140e621f92c88.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG.c71e7a44fd01c25545121fd7cd418bbe.JPG

10 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I didn't have a lot time today, so I didn't reach out to you this time @RickR. I need to visit your garage 😄

My garage is a mess at the moment with PS3 parts strewn about.  I'm expecting delivery of the new Bluray drive today, so I can clean up soon.  In any case, you are always welcome.  

59 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

I totally agree! Top notch from Songbird as usual. It's a great nod to River Raid with improved graphics, sound and boss battles. If you like River Raid and the Lynx, you can't go wrong. 

I love how they used the Biplane, it's very unique. And on the Lynx I can't help but think of Warbirds

On 10/4/2021 at 6:31 PM, - Ω - said:

I've been giving my Atari 5200 a little 💖 lately.  I got this S-Video to HDMI adapter so I can the UAV mod on the TV that does not have the appropriate connector.  There is no lag.

dXfMLzx.png

Likely possible you can run that power cord from the box and power it off the USB from your TV itself. That way, you don't need to use the separate adapter and it will essentially turn on when you turn on your TV.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

1 hour ago, CrossBow said:

Likely possible you can run that power cord from the box and power it off the USB from your TV itself. That way, you don't need to use the separate adapter and it will essentially turn on when you turn on your TV.

Yep!  That's exactly what I did... because both power strips are full and there was no place to plug it in otherwise. 

<<< My YouTube Page >>>