Squad Challenge - Enduro Racer (Sega Master System)

Justin

squad_challenge_text_purple_flat_w_logo.

Enduro Racer
Sega Master System
Controller: CONTROL PAD / KEYBOARD / PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Default
Play on: Real Hardware / Dedicated Console / Emulation OK! ✔
Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST August 14th, 2021

Objective

Play for the highest possible score (Motorcycles Passed in Enduro Racer) using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or YouTube video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between August 1st through August 14th, 2021. Screen captures are not allowed as they are more easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the competition is the victor!

Eligibility

Anyone can join in. All players are welcome!

Play Rules

Games may be played on real hardware, Flashback / Mini console, or emulation, using any controller or keyboard, following all rules and game settings defined in the challenge. Choosing between real hardware or emulation, and choosing which controller to play on is part of formulating your strategy. Enhancements, rewinds and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level

Default. There are no difficulty options in Enduro Racer. We are competing to achieve the highest number of Total Motorcycles Passed while playing Enduro Racer. Your total number of Motorcycles Passed will be the score you submit in this Squad Challenge.

Fair Play

Your integrity is everything. Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that we will not allow cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, rewinds, deceitful photo manipulation, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage. Everybody hates a cheater.

More

To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: 

Welcome to our 105th Squad Challenge! We just wrapped up an epic Squad Challenge on the Nintendo Entertainment System with Mario Bros. Now, we are taking the challenge to the NES' competitor, the Sega Master System with their answer to Excitebike: Enduro Racer.

PLEASE NOTE: We are competing for the highest possible number of Motorcycles Passed in the game. We are not competing based on time. The score you will want to submit will be your total number of Motorcycles Passed in the game.

PDF Instructions are provided below. It's time to kick back, relax, and knock over some shells with that :pow: button! I hope you guys are ready for a new season of High Score Squad and good luck to everybody participating! THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!

NOTE: We have a supreme lineup of games coming your way for High Score Squad in 2021! Expect a nice mix of classic Atari home console games in the rotation along with games from other classic systems! Here's a look at some upcoming events:

September: An Atari Lynx game

November: A Sega Genesis game

December: 2021 F-ZERO Championship, plus a game for Atari Jaguar! 

Plus many more great games! (Schedule subject to change)

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Enduro_Racer.pdf Enduro_Racer.sms

I remember buying a Mastersystem in High school from a friend for 20 bucks. I still own this black and red futuristic beauty. 
Not soon after that I took advantage of Sears selling these games for like 9 bucks a piece, and getting that converter for my Game Gear too. 
Looking forward to playing this once again. 

Host of The Jag Bar • Lynx Lounge  7800 Avenue

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

45 minutes ago, RickR said:

Here we go.  Second try.  50.  Much better.  I'll have to work on finishing the race.

enduro racer 007.JPG

You got this Rick! About to go for another ride this weekend. Keep them scores coming. 

Host of The Jag Bar • Lynx Lounge  7800 Avenue

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

14 hours ago, btbfilms76 said:

You got this Rick! About to go for another ride this weekend. Keep them scores coming. 

I have two Genesis controllers that both have issues.  One won't register "down" easily, and the other "left".  I either need to get new controllers or repair these ones.  But I will try again very soon on emulation.  The key to this game is flicking down on the jumps to not lose any speed.  It's pretty fun if you can get that flick timing just right. 

12 minutes ago, Atari Creep said:

I 2nd that statement. Thats as far as I got on my first attempt (video uploading now). 

I'm glad you're trying too!

The key to this game and this level is to master the flick of the d-pad to get the jumps to work for you.  So on this level, you'll jump right over a lot of the water parts.  Still, you'll end up sinking 2 or 3 times but still finish the level. 

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations btbfilms76!

Congratulations to @btbfilms76 on an outstanding score! BTB secured the top spot on in our Final Standings for this Squad Challenge with his score of 83 points! @RickR had a very strong showing in this Squad Challenge and takes 2nd Place with a score of 50 points! @Atari Creep came through with a stellar score to take 3rd Place on our Final Standings with a score of 12 points! @LinkYoungPS joined us for this Squad Challenge and was right on Creep's tail, taking 4th Place with a score of 11 points. 

Congratulations to @btbfilms76 on his big win, and a huge THANK YOU to everyone whose been getting the word out about our community and inviting others to join us in High Score Squad. As always I'd like to encourage @btbfilms76 to post his high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! And a big congratulations to our community for being such a great group to spend time with, I hope everybody had fun checking out an interesting Sega game for the Master System!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge is for the Atari 2600! Be there!

large.final_standings_sms_enduro_racer.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif