GameEYE App

Sabertooth

I saw a post earlier in the week on Twitter that suggested that there might be an easier way to track my collection than Excel: GameEYE. 

GameEYE is easy to use, has a UPC scanner and seems to base values from both eBay and VGPC. I've uploaded about half of my collection. Pretty cool as Excel doesn't pull in price data and is a bit more cumbersome in terms of an expanding collection.

How are you keeping track of your collections? Do you use GameEYE or something else? 

Screenshot_20210808-134459.png

Screenshot_20210808-135309.png

Edited by Sabertooth

48 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I have an Excel spreadsheet.  This looks like a good way to track the collection, particularly if it gives values.  I wonder if it can import a spreadsheet.  That would save lots of time.

I also have an Excel spreadsheet that I've rigged to do a count on a summary page.  Let me know if you figure out the import process.

I have been using Gameeye since its very early days. It is wonderful! I have most of my entire collection on it. The ONLY issue is that it doesn't cloud save anything. So if you want to have the app on multiple devices as I do, then I have to remember to export my database on the most recently used device, email that export to myself and then I can load up the exported file on the other devices from there. I've also found it is MUCH easier to manually add in the games vs trying to use the barcode scanner at least in my case.

They do have a means to request games to be added/updated in the system, but all of the submissions I initially put for the homebrew games were turned down because at that time, they were only allowing official released games. However, since that time I've noticed that some of the AA releases are now available although many will not have values on them since they have gone through second hand sales circulation as yet. Lots of other things don't have values either like my arcade games or most of my computer games in my collection. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I looked into GameEye a few years ago with thoughts of changing from CLZ Games because people raved about it. I believe it was Radical Reggie's channel that I first learned of GameEye. I recently looked into Pricecharting as well. If there are free alternatives that are as good or better, why not change. CLZ Games is a subscription based app. I got it many moons ago when it was a one-time-pay-for-registration app, and I've been grandfathered in. I don't get to have all the latest bells and whistles, but I have what I need. The app is updated regularly (several times a year). CLZ Games has a big discount on Black Friday (can't remember but it's either 50% or 33% off. Regular price is $15 yearly).

For me, two features are required, and CLZ Games has both. The first is the cloud sync. I use the app on my phone and tablet, and it syncs to the CLZ cloud. GameEye does not have that although there are workarounds as Crossbow described. The second is the ability to easily add games not found in the app's database. Pricecharting required making submissions to the app owner to add new games (or something like that), and that was no good for me. 

I quit using a spreadsheet after reaching about 100 games. You guys who continue to use a spreadsheet with large collections are 🦾 

Edited by socrates63

@RickR I love that you collect for Atari 8-bit, C64, VIC-20, TI 99/4A ❤️ Such a fun time in computing during the 80s. 

I have way too many games. The mouth is bigger than the stomach, so to speak. Nearly all my games I bought because I wanted to play them, but and I'm very sure I'll never get around to playing all the games. Here's what my games for each platform looks like:

IMG_0234.jpeg.d5c6e4b252a61e4986ddab7c84da322d.jpeg

IMG_0235.jpeg.51dc33ab7ec9a02376e7cc1bb4d11551.jpeg

Edited by socrates63

11 hours ago, socrates63 said:

love that you collect for Atari 8-bit, C64, VIC-20, TI 99/4A ❤️ Such a fun time in computing during the 80s.

Those systems are the meat and potatoes of my collection.  I totally love those old 8-bit computers.

11 hours ago, socrates63 said:

I have way too many games. The mouth is bigger than the stomach, so to speak.

This is for real.  I'm trying to fix this by stopping "collecting" and trying to focus on "playing".  It isn't easy!  But things like that weekly AtariAge Facebook 2600 high score challenge help in this regard.  Setting aside time to play those games sometimes leads to "hey, this reminds me of game xxxxx on some other system", so I'll go play that one too.  

I'm at over 3000 games myself at this point across all the platforms. I too have stopped collecting for the most part and more about playing stuff. As an example, although not on a console, I finally go around to playing XCOM: The Bureau on my PC. I've had that in my steam library for well over 2 or 3 years when I snagged it on sale as part of an XCOM collection bundle. Kinda ticked I hadn't tried it earlier as I've had quite a lot of fun with it! It isn't nearly as strategic as the actual overhead view games have been, but still quite fun to play through and work on combos with your squad to take out alien baddies.

I need to go back through Gameeye soon on my tablet or phone to make sure I have everything I can listed and fully updated. I know there are some games etc... that I've gotten over the past year or two that I likely forgot to add.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

I’ve been using Pricecharting.com to keep track of the family’s collection for about ten months now. It works really well! it took a few days to upload it all online though, but since then it’s been super easy to add stuff to it.

https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?seller=i63ry6okey65qvq6cokbz4wfjq&status=collection