My two Atari 2600 Jr.s

MaximumRD

I had dug these out from a box under my bed to add to a list of people's Atari 2600 Jr.s on a thread elsewhere. Funny thing is, I really didn't even think I had any loose Atari 2600 carts left, some time ago, years in fact after getting a nice HARMONY CART that let's me load any 2600 rom on original hardware I had donated or gave away a box that I thought was the last of my original carts. I knew I had these two Jr's bundled together but didn't realize I still had some carts, kind of cool, think I will hold onto these ones if for any reason to have some original loose carts to stick into one of these little Jr.'s or any of my original 2600 compatible consoles I still have. Anyway, kind of cool I think, I really should give them more play time, though both mine are pretty much the same, I hear them identified as the Short rainbow on the label I guess, the long rainbow, I THINK PAL models are all black like that one 2600 VADER model? Not sure but man I would of loved to have had that one. Anyone else have 2600 Jr.s and like them or? Here are pictures I took, including various doubles and even a few 7800 carts, I still have a single 7800 as well fortunately  😎 Figured I would share the pics here as well. 

IMG_2101.JPG.248a4c555b89e9013eea708f22e70cb9.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG.eb97eec5677de2b9b4f63559a03a1a5d.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG.87c1e96779f6856e3f920c554d41df0d.JPG

IMG_2104.JPG.5b2809a45b857e71c94c680eb0370d64.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG.c941f6b9ddf11419a1d7b4bd7522e059.JPG

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

6 minutes ago, GRay Defender said:

Super cool.  I have an Atari Jr. and what I love about it are how vibrant the colors are even coming off of coax. 

Nice, hopefully at some point I can compare these two hooked up through RF. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

15 hours ago, RickR said:

Here's my Jr.  It's my "daily driver" and I use this console more than any other that I own.  It has been modded to have composite output, and it works really nicely.  I like how small it is, which is helpful given my limited space.  I do not like how difficult it is to switch controllers. 

2600jr 003.JPG

Cool Rick, Thanks for sharing ! 

- M. Bison

Here ya go.  This is my 2600 JR arsenal. 

IMG_20210813_133753.jpg.2f24b7ff309347a210cd31df759d4ae5.jpg

Bottom unit has issues with Power & TV Type switches.  They don't "feel" right and TV Type switch half the time doesn't work.  The top unit must have been babied.  The texture of the plastic shell is still very much present.  My only gripe with these Junior models...there is a huge difference in how the carts feel being inserted in these compared to the, how do I say it, "woody" models.  These can sometimes be stubborn depending on the game.  Never the less, I love the design and have thought about modding the bottom unit.  I want one, however, to remain unmodified for integrity. 

Thanks, MD...now I'm going to have to play a 2600 game 😉 

On 8/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, GRay Defender said:

Super cool.  I have an Atari Jr. and what I love about it are how vibrant the colors are even coming off of coax. 

Yes they do.  Unfortunately in my home there is soo much modern day interference from more modern technology (bluetooth, wifi, modern consoles/computers) that the two 2600 JRs I own can't block it all out of the RF signal.  And I have not found a way to choke it out.