Modern Computing Discussion

- Ω -

Since there is no "Modern Computing Discussion Forum" here (yet) on the site, I thought I'd post my question here.

The setup to the question:  I rotate two Western Digital 25A3 8TB hard drives between my PC and the RPi 4 I have running KODI in another room.  I use two drives in case something happens to one drive I will not lose all my videos.  I also have a rather dog slow Passport 259F that's only 3TB for program, documentation and still photo backups.  Now here's the problem, the Internal drives on the PC, the main drive is a Toshiba Xg5 NVMe PCIe M.2 that is fast as hell, but two small to cram a lot of programs on, so I'm using a rather small Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB drive for programs that I don't use on a daily basis, but I want to augment the internal storage with something fast and of a decent size... to grow into.

<< THIS HARD DRIVE >> seems like a viable option, but knowing that some of you guys here are true experts, I thought I'd ask for some advice/input/alternative(s).  Thanks.