Squad Challenge - Soldier Blade 5-Min Run (TurboGrafx-16)

Justin

Gianna
This post was recognized by Gianna!

"Won a TurboGrafx-16 Squad Challenge!"

Justin was awarded the badge 'Turbo Champ' and 10 points.

Okay guys, new world record premiering here! This was played on real hardware using an original unmodified TurboDuo and DuoPad.

My New High Score: 1,241,300

:pow: Help vote this score as legit on HighScore.com here: 
http://highscore.com/scores/TurboGrafx16PCEngine/SoldierBlade5MinuteChallenge/108412

Thank you ☺️

P.S. -- Ignore the twitch screamer complaining about tartar sauce in the background.

Just now, RickR said:

+1 vote on highscore.com

Thank you @RickR!

1 minute ago, RickR said:

Such anger with the tartar sauce guy.

Absolutely

1 minute ago, RickR said:

Chill out with a McFlurry, dude. 

They sent him a McFlurry, it gave him gas and he threw a tantrum

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Everybody!

Congratulations everybody on all those incredible scores across the board! All of you posted incredible scores - there was no score that wasn't in the realm of 1 million points! What did you guys think of the 5 Minute "Caravan" Game setting? Soldier Blade is about as legendary a game as ever saw a US release on TurboGrafx-16, and I hope everybody had fun playing this game! Were my tips and tricks in "The Big Tip Off" helpful? I hope! I secured the top spot on in our Final Standings for this Squad Challenge with my score of 1,241,300 points. This appears to be a World Record on HighScore.com and I have submitted my score for entry here: http://highscore.com/scores/TurboGrafx16PCEngine/SoldierBlade5MinuteChallenge/108412. I will share my score to the Atari I/O Scoreboard as well. I’m proud of my high score but I would’ve liked to see one of you guys beat me. I never like to be the one to "pin the tail on the donkey at his own birthday party" so-to-speak. @Atari Creep took 2nd Place with a fantastic score of 991,800 points. The legendary Duo-head @btbfilms76 joined us for this Squad Challenge, taking 3rd Place on our Final Standings with a stellar score of 978,800 points! @RickR came in strong with a 929,900 point game to claim 4th Place, and @Gianna takes 5th Place with a very strong showing of 901,500 points. Tremendous scores, everybody!

Our new Achievement Badges have been a real hit in the forums. Each one of you have now been awarded the "Turbo Squad" Badge for playing in a TurboGrafx Squad Challenge! We will hand these out occasionally, when we play games for less common systems, it's really something else to be able to say that you've played in a TurboGrafx High Score Tournament at some point in your life! Also, another Badge has been created for when you win a TurboGrafx Squad challenge -- the "Turbo Champ" Badge! Each of these badges are handed out one time to each player the first time they play in a TurboGrafx Squad Challenge or win 1st Place in our Final Standings.

It's nice to see some familiar faces joining us for a TurboGrafx-16 Squad Challenge, it's not exactly the easiest video game system to get your paws on, nor the most affordable, so I appreciate every one of you showing up and jumping in this challenge. What did you think of the game overall? I think it's one of the greatest shoot-em-ups of all time. As always I'd like to encourage everybody to post your high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on! As I said above I'll be sharing my score in the Scoreboard, and submitting this score to HighScore.com as a World Record. And a big congratulations to our community for being such a great group to spend time with, I hope everybody had fun playing TurboGrafx-16!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge is for the Atari 2600 Be there!

large.final_standings_turbografx_16_soldier_blade.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

2 minutes ago, RickR said:

The tips were helpful and the game is awesome.

That's great! Thanks for the feedback @RickR ☺️ I was inspired to do that by "The Big Tip Off" segments Atari included in the Lynx brochure / flyer, with helpful tips for some of their games. I also included "The Big Tip Off" in my "Strategy Guide" that I made in 6th Grade 😝

11 minutes ago, RickR said:

I want to spend more time with this game.

Me too! I have always been a huge huge fan of Blazing Lazers, that was like my whole reason for wanting a TurboGrafx-16 when it was new! It took me a while to shift gears and be open to all of these other great shoot-em-ups on the TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine, but they're incredible.

I'm glad you played in this Squad Challenge Rick! :wreck-it-ralph:

35 minutes ago, RickR said:

The best aspect of these challenges for me is that "sharing" of help and tips.  It reminds me of those old days when friends would get together to play the latest game after school and help each other figure out how to get further along. 

That's exactly the sort of feel I want in High Score Squad and especially in 2-Player Challenge! It's all about friends playing games, helping each other out, sharing tips and tricks, showing "secrets" and "strategies" and just having fun! :nintendo_mario_whistle: