Minnesota Bridge Collapse

Atari 5200 Guy

The Hernando de Soto bridge, the I-40 bridge connecting Arkansas to Memphis, was found to have a huge crack in it.

Major crack found in Interstate 40 bridge linking Arkansas and Tennessee - CBS News

Information on the bridge itself, for those interested, can be found here:

Hernando de Soto Bridge - Wikipedia

I crossed that bridge a few times in 2009.  It's an absolutely beautiful bridge to cross but it just goes to show that things we automatically deem safe just because they are there are not always safe.

I feel sorry for those who lost their lives when that Minnesota bridge collapsed.

Oh, yeah. The I-35 Bridge collapse. I remember it well. It was world news, even on Deutsche Welle (DW) in Germany. We had local access to DW on Channel 20 in Saint Paul on cable TV. It made the headlines for sure. it was later rebuilt. The new bridge is nice. It was definitely a tragedy for sure. I was living in my apartment in Maplewood at the time. Maplewood is a Saint Paul suburb. It's almost walking distance from my Dad's place on what we call the Gateway Trail. It's a walking trail that used to be a railroad. It goes for miles into near the Wisconsin border. It has been, wow, fourteen years already since it happened. I was going to be 33 that year.

Anyway, It was a sad thing for sure. All those people gone. Too bad it was not repaired beforehand. That could have been prevented.

11 hours ago, DegasElite said:

Oh, yeah. The I-35 Bridge collapse. I remember it well. It was world news, even on Deutsche Welle (DW) in Germany. We had local access to DW on Channel 20 in Saint Paul on cable TV. It made the headlines for sure. it was later rebuilt. The new bridge is nice. It was definitely a tragedy for sure. I was living in my apartment in Maplewood at the time. Maplewood is a Saint Paul suburb. It's almost walking distance from my Dad's place on what we call the Gateway Trail. It's a walking trail that used to be a railroad. It goes for miles into near the Wisconsin border. It has been, wow, fourteen years already since it happened. I was going to be 33 that year.

Anyway, It was a sad thing for sure. All those people gone. Too bad it was not repaired beforehand. That could have been prevented.

lots of money lost due to free trade, wars, tax cuts for wealthy parasites, turning america over to wall street, but no money for us.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500