Atari 5200 - Games Wished For

Atari 5200 Guy

On 10/22/2021 at 12:50 PM, MaximumRD said:

Besides the Trak-Ball which I forgot to mention of even show which I also have in very nice condition YES in fact I DO have the 2600 VCS adapter.

Funny, enough I actually have TWO, one mostly untouched, well besides adding some faux Woodgrain style mactac vinyl on it 😏, the second, heavily modified by someone more skilled than I to not only work as normal plugged into the 5200 but ALSO operate as it's own stand alone 2600 compatible console with a separate power supply and composite / S-video outputs! But that's another story and I am guessing at this point I should probably stop there and let this thread get back to the OP's original topic of "Atari 5200 - Games Wished For" 🤔😀

Sorry for derailing too much Atari 5200 Guy 😏

If I think of anything else I will be sure to continue in my own thread, perhaps continuing my Retro Gaming Corner setup. Thanks again everyone, I should probably go get some sleep.....

You're alright @MaximumRD.  If my post triggers more 5200 talk, I'm all for it.

8 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

The man upstairs couldn't keep me from participating in this.  Count me in!

Great! :nintendo_mario_1up: We need at least four players committed to participate! The last time we did an Atari 5200 High Score Squad Challenge we chose a popular 5200 title - Centipede - and only you and @RickR participated. We can't have events with that low participation. If we can get four people on board let's do another 5200 challenge sometime soon!

1 minute ago, RickR said:

Two?  Oh man!  We need 52! 

I've been trying to get people on-board to the TG-16 Soldier Blade on Facebook.  Lots of chatter, but no action.  Getting people to actually play is HARD.  

Lol.  Contact EA Games, Konami, Namco, see if any of those people would participate.  I wish.  It would be cool to see developers getting involved in things like AIO squad challenges.

5 minutes ago, RickR said:

Two?  Oh man!  We need 52! 

I've been trying to get people on-board to the TG-16 Soldier Blade on Facebook.  Lots of chatter, but no action.  Getting people to actually play is HARD.  

Thanks @RickR! Before I do TurboGrafx Challenges, or any Squad Challenge for a less-than-common system, I make sure it's likely that at least four Members will participate. We just can't have dead Squad Challenges, as much as I'd love to do TurboGrafx, Lynx, Neo Geo and other cool stuff all the time. It shouldn't be too hard to wrangle up enough people for the 5200 but they have to be willing to post scores and participate :nintendo_mario_sidestepper:

6 hours ago, Justin said:

Thanks @RickR! Before I do TurboGrafx Challenges, or any Squad Challenge for a less-than-common system, I make sure it's likely that at least four Members will participate. We just can't have dead Squad Challenges, as much as I'd love to do TurboGrafx, Lynx, Neo Geo and other cool stuff all the time. It shouldn't be too hard to wrangle up enough people for the 5200 but they have to be willing to post scores and participate :nintendo_mario_sidestepper:

The only way I would participate is on real hardware. I'm not dogging emulators but those 5200 controllers are unique to the system and emulators just take away the feeling. I'll take the 5200's standard controllers any day over emulators.

On 10/28/2021 at 7:34 PM, Atari 5200 Guy said:

The only way I would participate is on real hardware. I'm not dogging emulators but those 5200 controllers are unique to the system and emulators just take away the feeling. I'll take the 5200's standard controllers any day over emulators.

I agree Atari 5200 Guy. 

Dont be Billy.jpg

⚠️ THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT:
https://forums.atari.io/topic/6133-my-secret-identity-is-known-as-astomiman-destroyer-of-worlds/

10 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

OK.  I know who Billy is but I have no clue who the other guy is.  Could someone please clue me in?

Steve Weibe is the focus of the movie "King of Kong".  He's one of the people that chases the Donkey Kong world record.  If you haven't seen that movie, it's a good one.  My wife enjoyed it just as much as I did, and she's not into video games at all.  Anyhoo, they paint Weibe as a more honest "good guy", and Mitchell as more of a black-hat "bad guy" in the movie.  Interestingly, this was done way before the whole cheating scandal bit Billy. 

The point of my Billy/Weibe attempt at sarcastic humor is about emulation versus real hardware and that is the core difference between the two men. One has been accused of using MAME emulation to achieve his world record scores and one has not.

https://forums.atari.io/topic/6133-my-secret-identity-is-known-as-astomiman-destroyer-of-worlds/

1 hour ago, intellicolecovisonary said:

The point of my Billy/Weibe attempt at sarcastic humor is about emulation versus real hardware and that is the core difference between the two men. One has been accused of using MAME emulation to achieve his world record scores and one has not.

I remembered Billy being accused of using emulators to "achieve" his record but I have not seen King of Kong yet, let alone knew it even existed.  That's why I was asking about the connection between the two.  Now I get it.  Good one 😁

It must be a sad existence knowing you had to cheat to claim the mantle of something as unimportant in the greater scheme of things like a video game title to feel like somebody.  It must even feel worse knowing that everyone knows you cheated to gain something that unimportant in life and that you acted like a big shot for all those years based on a lie.  

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Billy's hot sauce sucks less than he does. https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/billy-mitchells-rickeys-hot-sauce-review-1828470/

Edited by intellicolecovisonary

11 hours ago, RickR said:

Steve Weibe is the focus of the movie "King of Kong".  He's one of the people that chases the Donkey Kong world record.  If you haven't seen that movie, it's a good one.  My wife enjoyed it just as much as I did, and she's not into video games at all.  Anyhoo, they paint Weibe as a more honest "good guy", and Mitchell as more of a black-hat "bad guy" in the movie.  Interestingly, this was done way before the whole cheating scandal bit Billy. 

Is it possible that the producers of that movie knew something before the rest of the world did?

On 10/25/2021 at 4:50 PM, Justin said:

You wouldn't embarrass yourself, we're all just here to have fun and share progress :donkey_kong:

Okay... tell ya what, after my new joystick arrives, tell me what game it's going to be (if you get a fourth or more) and I'll see what I can do.  I've never followed or participated in these things before so I don't know the rules.  If it's to share progress, do you post a score once a week for a month or something?

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

3 hours ago, - Ω - said:

Okay... tell ya what, after my new joystick arrives, tell me what game it's going to be (if you get a fourth or more) and I'll see what I can do.  I've never followed or participated in these things before so I don't know the rules.  If it's to share progress, do you post a score once a week for a month or something?

The rules are simple and listed in the first post of every challenge.  Essentially:  post your score as often as you like.  Ask for tips if you need help.  Give tips if you can.  And have fun with it.  Go read the Super Breakout thread and you'll see how it works.