UFOs, Enigmas, Conspiracies & Weird Paranormal Tales

Justin

I think it’s time we start a topic for discussing paranormal tales! Halloween is upon us and it’s a good time to share these haunting stories.

I’m surprised there haven’t been more off topic discussions about the paranormal, UFOs, unsolved mysteries, disappearances, enigmas, ancient civilizations, ghost sightings, conspiracy theories, weird stuff and stuff of the night. I’m sure Atari I/O must have fans of shows like The X-Files in here, or Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell and George Noory, Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis, The ExoZone / Piercing the Veil, In Search Of, and others.

UFOs were one of my earliest obsessions when I was a kid. One of the most enduring UFO tales is the story of Bob Lazar and his time working at S-4 near Area 51. For decades I've gone back-and-forth between believing his story and thinking he’s full of it. I have to give him credit though, in over 30 years Bob Lazar hasn’t changed his story.

I’ve never listened to “The Joe Rogan Experience” until this episode, it turned out to be a decent, extended conversation with Bob Lazar and a deep dive into his story.

I thought we’d kick things off with Bob Lazar. What are your favorite UFO, Ghost and Paranormal Tales? Let’s hear your favorite weird stories! All the stuff that was on Coast to Coast AM, and all the other stuff that’s great out there. Sound off and share below!

This is such a coincidence, but I spent a good 30 minutes or more yesterday re-familiarizing myself with the famous Patterson–Gimlin film (the footage of the "bigfoot" in California from the 60's).  I guess in the last 20 years there has been some evidence that it was faked.  It's fun to read and make up your own mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson–Gimlin_film

Patterson%E2%80%93Gimlin_film_frame_352.

Edited by RickR

Here are a few links to share...

This ghost story was posted on the LongForm Reddit. Please note the content warning at the beginning of the article:

https://bittersoutherner.com/we-salted-nannie-southern-ghost-story/

Re: UFOs - I recall reading an article about a UFO but I cannot locate it due to a hazy memory. I do recall there was accompanying video of the object in question. It was caught on film by a camera which was being tested. The camer would change direction every 15-30 seconds. The camera caught the UFO twice. It also caught the UFO emit a substance of some sort. (I'll circle back to the substance shortly.)

I want to say this took place of Buenos Aires but, again, my memory is hazy. Anyway, there was a massive investigation which followed the event. No one was arrested or jailed. Rather, everyone who witnessed the event was questioned, examined, etc. This meticulous investigation took two years to complete. There was a press conference following the investigation. The person who hosted the press conference concluded, "We cannot tell you what it is. But we can tell you what it is not." Weather balloons and other known objects were ruled out.

A French scientist asked about the substance emitted by the UFO and then concluded it was precipitation. However, it was pointed out that the substance which shot into the air vertically never fell to the ground.

If I ever come across that article and/or video, then I'll post it in this thread.

Here's one of my favorite ghost stories.  By sports writer/vlogger Bill Simmons.

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/week17picks&sportCat=nfl

I've copy/pasted the sidebar story below:

I flew to Oklahoma City on Wednesday to cross "See Durant play a home game" off my bucket list. After the Zombies thrashed the Nets, I joined some friends at Mickey Mantle's (a local restaurant) for a late dinner and a few beers before heading back to my room. I was staying at the Skirvin, a local hotel that's supposedly inhabited by a ghost named Effie. As legend has it, Effie got knocked up by the guy who owned the hotel back in the 1920s, then jumped out of a window with the baby. She's been allegedly haunting the place ever since.

When we were checking in, I jokingly asked the clerk to put me on one of the haunted floors. She claimed that she did. We laughed and that was the end of it. That night, I was so tired that the ghost stories never entered my mind. I got ready for bed, called my wife, watched 10 minutes of "SportsCenter" and fell asleep. So you know: I am a heavy sleeper. Once I'm out, I'm out.

That's what made it so strange when I woke up at 4:30 with my heart pounding. I swear on Tom Brady's ACLs that the following happened: At first, I heard a baby crying and realized that was why I woke up. I thought it was one of my own kids before remembering that my kids weren't babies anymore, then remembering that I was in Oklahoma City and not Los Angeles. Suddenly, it dawned on me that I wasn't alone. I had an overpowering sensation that someone else was in the room. Until you've experienced that feeling, you can't understand what it's like. Your blood is swishing through your veins at 200 miles an hour, only you don't understand why -- your body reacts a few seconds before your brain does.

I decided to turn on the light. Stretching to my right for the switch, out of nowhere, I heard the sound of (what sure as hell sounded like) a baby crying urgently to my far left (right near the window). Wahhhhhhh. Wahhhhhh. Wahhhhhh. Wahhhhhhh. The urgency freaked me out just as much as the crying itself. I fumbled for the switch, couldn't find it, fumbled, fumbled some more, then finally turned the light on. The crying sound stopped. I hopped out of bed and turned on every other light in the room. I turned on the television and jacked up the volume. Then I grabbed my BlackBerry and Googled "Skirvin crying baby."

A slew of results came up. See for yourself.

I kept the lights on. And the television. And that's how I spent the next three and a half hours -- half-asleep, half-awake and totally spooked. The words "Man Up" did not enter the equation. Not even a little. I came to Oklahoma City for Durant and Westbrook and left telling stories about Effie's baby. Just know that the next time someone tells me a ghost story, I will believe them.

On 10/21/2021 at 4:23 PM, RickR said:

And I love to read about UFO tales as well. There's a very recent one from the navel base in San Diego that I have found to be very compelling.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/filmmaker-discusses-ufo-footage-captured-off-the-san-diego-coast/509-48e29f33-4e18-4a07-846e-9026f00b645d

These seem to be happening a lot lately! I feel like we've had more compelling imagery come out in the past two years than in the past two decades. Particularly if you narrow the scope to "officially released US Government imagery".

When I posted the video of the Bob Lazar interview the other day it recommended this other clip about Stanley Kubrick and The Moon Landing. That story is another thread that you can start pulling on and unraveling and it's absolutely insane. This reminded me of "Room 237" the documentary that was on Netflix a couple years ago about Stanley Kubrick encoding things about his "faking the moon landing for Nasa", the Apollo program, conspiracies, secret societies, the plight of the Native American and other eerie issues into the subconscious of "The Shining" and his other works, namely "Eyes Wide Shut".

Ever since my first post in this thread YouTube has been pelting me with "JRE" podcast videos. I eventually clicked on this one, which is an interesting discussion with Robert Bigelow and what got him interested in UFOs. Robert Bigelow is a businessman who owns the hotel chain Budget Suites of America and is the founder of Bigelow Aerospace. Robert Bigelow is almost more famously known to be the former owner of Skinwalker Ranch, and has used his wealth to provide financial support for investigations of UFOs and parapsychological topics, including the continuation of consciousness after death. Here is the clip: