Balloon Girl / Sharkstorm homebrew Atari 2600 double ender

slobu

Just made some of these Balloon Girl / Sharkstorm dual carts for the CORGs expo.

Balloon Girl is a one button side-scrolling action game.  Kinda like Balloon Fight or Flappy Bird.  Collect joysticks and pink squares for points while avoiding baddies.  The FIRE button is used for everything and should be friendly to accessibility controllers.

Sharkstorm is the developer version of Twist R Shark.  This is a top down boss rush game with procedural content.  The boss characteristics grow and change each wave.

dualcartcib.jpg.5620fce4f1f5818bb1f9c376e750ebb6.jpg

Please check out my Atari 2600 party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/  

Downloadable games include Upp Plus Plus, Stranglehand, Nitebear on Sleepystreet and more!

3 hours ago, Justin said:

I love what you did with the artwork for the cartridge clamshell and instructions ☺️ it has that quaint and low-fi charm to it 👍

Thank you!  Exactly what we were going for.

Decided it would be a great idea to fracture my ankle during the time I was developing this dual cart.  Had to switch gears as computing became more challenging.  

Balloon Girl uses the side scrolling engine and sprites from an homage to the Great Gianna Sisters I was making.  Found that running and jumping just didn't feel right and pared down the gameplay into one button.  Move up and forward.  Collect stuff.  Avoid enemies.

Sharkstorm also went with simple.  Left, right and shoot was what ya got.  That and giant randomly created bosses.

Making a double ender in the era of gigabyte ROM collections is an exercise in absurd fun.  Glad we're all here enjoying new and wonderful things both classic and crazy!

Please check out my Atari 2600 party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/  

Downloadable games include Upp Plus Plus, Stranglehand, Nitebear on Sleepystreet and more!