2nd Gen / pre NES Games on Sega Genesis

slobu

So, floating this idea around the classic gaming communities.  Is there any interest in 2nd console generation style games on the Genesis?

Meaning:

* Gameplay over consuming content

* Endless amount of levels

* Game variations like those offered on Atari 2600 games

* Simple graphics and sound over dazzle

I mean, we already have 80meg Paprium and a back catalogue of Konami and Treasure games.  I enjoy the pre NES style of games but also the charms of the Genesis.  Does anyone else, though?

uppgen.jpg

Please check out my Atari 2600 party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/  

Downloadable games include Upp Plus Plus, Stranglehand, Nitebear on Sleepystreet and more!

1 hour ago, slobu said:

So, floating this idea around the classic gaming communities.  Is there any interest in 2nd console generation style games on the Genesis?

Meaning:

* Gameplay over consuming content

* Endless amount of levels

* Game variations like those offered on Atari 2600 games

* Simple graphics and sound over dazzle

I mean, we already have 80meg Paprium and a back catalogue of Konami and Treasure games.  I enjoy the pre NES style of games but also the charms of the Genesis.  Does anyone else, though?

uppgen.jpg

I would absolutely be interested in seeing where this goes. We're playing Soldier Blade, a TurboGrafx-16 game in High Score Squad right now. I've always been a fan of the TurboGrafx-16, mainly because it hit that perfect sweet spot between NES and Genesis with a lot of NES style games in terms of gameplay, but with improved graphics, sprites and sound. Plus those chip tunes are right on point.

If you could hit that same sweet spot, bringing simplified NES style gameplay to the Sega Genesis featuring improved graphics and sound, I would be interested in what you have.