Squad Challenge - "Progressive" Super Breakout (Atari 2600)

Justin

47 minutes ago, AtariSphinx said:

Is there any special sound when the happens or do you only see it in the score?

I'm not certain. I've been playing with the volume low listening to YouTube and Twitch streams. If anyone knows the answer to this please chime in 🙂

9 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

Is there any special sound when the happens or do you only see it in the score?

It plays the standard looping sound as if the ball was hitting all kinds of bricks as the score rolls.  In my case, I missed the ball almost immediately after hitting a low brick, so the score and sound kept going for a few seconds prior to my next serve. 

3 hours ago, - Ω - said:

In the slim chance I could find the time to find, download, install and play the game to participate, I took the first step and was promptly greeted with...

Hmmm.PNG.ce4035f264e3e9c38343c88f8c299e11.PNG  Oh well, I tried.

Where did you source this ROM from? False positive maybe? 🤔🤷‍♂️

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Thank you Rob!"

MaximumRD was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 50 points.

39 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

I hope it's a false positive, because it came from message #1 of this thread.  

Gotcha (I had not been following this thread) I downloaded just now and scanned locally on my PC with Defender and Malwarebytes as well submitted online analysis from Kaspersky and virus total which gets results from a variety of top antivirus and all clean. Not sure WHAT on your system is giving you that false positive but considering my results, no complaints from anyone else and well that Justin provided the link I would say it is definitely a false positive, whatever is giving you this result is merely too aggressive with what it considers a "virus" 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot 2021-11-12 050424.png

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

3 hours ago, - Ω - said:

I hope it's a false positive, because it came from message #1 of this thread.  

I've had this same thing happen with Webroot.  For me, it reports the whole website of atari.io as  "dangerous" for "gaming downloads", but ONLY if I try to download a bin file.  I think it just doesn't like the ".bin" extension. 

In any case, I can assure you there is no virus embedded here and if you'd like, I can PM you a Zip file that contains the super breakout rom. 

5 hours ago, RickR said:

I've had this same thing happen with Webroot.  For me, it reports the whole website of atari.io as  "dangerous" for "gaming downloads", but ONLY if I try to download a bin file.  I think it just doesn't like the ".bin" extension. 

In any case, I can assure you there is no virus embedded here and if you'd like, I can PM you a Zip file that contains the super breakout rom. 

Thanks, but I'll pass this time.  For the record I'm using McAfee and it goes totally Ape on the PDF.

McAfee-02.PNG.0ade84f961c75799da39a954876322a5.PNG

<<< My YouTube Page >>>