Atari I/O Secret Santa 2021!

Justin

secret_santa_txt_HD.jpg

HO! HO! HO!
Atari I/O Secret Santa 2021!

$30 Max spend on gifts, $20 Min spend

Please wrap your presents & make this fun!

Include a thoughtful card or note!

Presents must pertain to classic video games or retro culture

Package must arrive by Wednesday, December 22, 2021

HO! HO! HO! It's time for our 7th Annual Atari I/O Secret Santa! If you'd like to be part of Secret Santa this year please respond below saying that you'd like to participate! Please include a link to your Want List in your post or a list of game systems you collect for along with any other wishes that your Santa can help make come true. 

large.santa_claus.gif

Time is short to sign up! The last day to sign up is Thanksgiving, November 25th, 2021! This will give all of us time enough to take advantage of Black Friday Deals! Names will be impartially selected and we'll send you a PM with your Secret Santa information no later than Friday, November 26th, 2021.

large.santa_claus.gif

Have your wishlist ready to go! You might also want to include a list of general interests (Atari 2600, NES, Action Figures, Comics, Mini consoles, a new watch). Remember, you might not get something super specific on your list if it's hard to find. Offering broader suggestions may help inspire your Secret Santa with a good idea!

large.santa_claus.gif

We love classic video games and retro items, but finding vintage items in new condition is next to impossible! Therefore, gift items can be purchased USED or REFURBISHED so long as they cost around $30. Your Secret Santa package can be comprised of more than one gift, again - so long as the total value is around $30 and you've put together a gift package that you feel would be magical! (i.e. Please don't send a box of "junk", nobody wants a lump of coal in their stocking!)

large.santa_claus.gif

Let's make this special! The presents you send should be gift wrapped. It would be okay to send an item without gift wrapping if you were ordering from an Atari vendor, Amazon or eBay and wanted to have it shipped directly to your Secret Santa's house to avoid paying twice for shipping. We encourage you to gift wrap your presents whenever possible!

large.santa_claus.gif

We love creating magical holiday memories for our friends in the Forums. We're like a small town here, a warm community of friends with shared interests. For some of us who may have to sacrifice to make a special Christmas for our families, this may end up being the only presents we get to open. If you'd like to participate in Secret Santa this year but may not have the means, please send me a PM and we will try to find a way to help.

large.santa_claus.gif

If you're unable to participate in Secret Santa this year, please consider a donation to a deserving charity of your choice. Here are a few of our favorite charities, hand-picked by Atari I/O Members over the past several years: 

Happy Holidays to All!

large_sig.png

large.secret_santa_small.jpg

Sign me up 🙂

Not really collecting anymore per say, but have been trying to get items specific for my channel.

Looking for CIB Colecovison Arcade games, here is the list.

frogger
tutankham
gyruss
super cobra
spy hunter
mr do castle
bump jump
jungle hunt
galaxian
burgertime
space panic
victory
roc n rope
looping
up down
tapper
congo bongo
spy hunter

Also trying to find a loose instruction manual for Omega Race on the Colecovision, I have the box and cart just no manual :P.

Other than that, maybe a gift certificate to the Atariage Store so I can pick up a Champ Games Qix arcade translation for the 2600 when it comes out 😛

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

Sign me up too.  My want list will be simple this year:

- Any Atari Jaguar stuff.  (I have Cybermorph, Iron Soldier, Pinball Fantasies, and the Minter Collection already so anything else would be fine with me.  Loose carts are fine.  Anything really...I'm easy) and if that's too hard to find, I'll also do the AtariAge gift card route (I like Willie's idea of getting one of the awesome Champ Games carts). 

7 hours ago, Justin said:

Thank you for mentioning this!  I am still contributing to the OFB, and they are a 4 star rating at Charity Navigator.  92% of what they collect goes to the actual program.  I plan on matching the gift I give to my secret receiver monetarily to OFB. 

Thank you for setting this up.  And I hope we get a lot of participation!

THANK YOU @Willie! THANK YOU @RickR‼️ Let's make this a great one!! 🎅

15 hours ago, RickR said:

Thank you for mentioning this!  I am still contributing to the OFB, and they are a 4 star rating at Charity Navigator.  92% of what they collect goes to the actual program.  I plan on matching the gift I give to my secret receiver monetarily to OFB. 

Very generous of you Rick

15 hours ago, RickR said:

Thank you for setting this up.  And I hope we get a lot of participation!

Letssss dooo thisssss! This is what it's all about 

Before I post the nice gifts that Willie got for me, I want to share that I also made a charity donation as part of this year's Secret Santa program.  Whether you participated or not, won't you please join me in this?  We can do some good in this world together.

I normally donate to Oregon Food Bank.  But this year, I decided to help out with all the devastation caused by tornadoes in the central USA.  As an added bonus, my employer DOUBLE-matched donations to that cause.  Red Cross of America was my choice. 

Capture.JPG

Edited by RickR

And finally, here are the gifts that Willie got for me.  Willie, I am so grateful.  THANK YOU.

• A beautiful boxed copy of Pete Rose Baseball for 2600. 
  • Lock n Chase for the Colecovision!  I'll bet this is the copy you used in your review!  I'm going to keep it forever.  I love the ArcadeUSA channel so much.
  • A hilarious door hanger.  Oh my! 

THANK YOU, @Willie!.  And thank you Atari.io, @Justin, and this great community.

secret santa 002.JPG

secret santa 003.JPG

3 minutes ago, RickR said:

THANK YOU, @Willie!.  And thank you Atari.io, @Justin, and this great community.

THANK YOU @Willie! for participating and giving @RickR an extra-special Christmas this year! And THANK YOU @RickR for your kind words and all you do to contribute to making this community a better place every day.

Loved everything I received 🙂  Big thank you to Justin and also Rick R!   Here is the livestream I did tonight that has what I received in it as part of the Atari.IO secret santa 🙂

https://youtu.be/zghROkxGIO4

christmas 2021 logo.JPG

Edited by Willie!

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512