I hope this is the last keyboard I'll ever have to buy!

- Ω -

28 minutes ago, - Ω - said:

I'm gettin so tired of this game from Amazon.  Three out of the last four packages have been late. Why promise a delivery date and constantly miss it?  Oh yeah, of course the post office is closed tomorrow, so...

Crap.PNG.266bb731698f4c3de7a808eeadb1c037.PNG

Yeah, this is common for my Amazon orders too.  We ordered a fake Christmas tree a few weeks ago and it just arrived today.  My theory is that if you aren't a "prime" member, they make sure your shipping is extra slow so maybe you'll pay for a subscription.  I know it isn't easy, but maybe I'll try to avoid buying from them unless absolutely necessary. 

3 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Hate when that happens. 

You can change the light settings to be solid, steady, rainbow, only light up when you press a key, and there is one that lights up the key you press brightly and dimly lights surrounding keys.  You can also turn them off if you choose.  I personally like the rainbow effect myself but that's my opinion.  The keyboard itself has a nice click feel to it.  But this keyboard can be noisy.

2 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

Nice 👍

Thanks, but there are a couple of things I don't like about it.  First, the volume knob takes 720 degrees of rotation to go from 0 to 100 and there is a spot that requires more pressure to turn it, so I'm not sure how well that will hold up over time.  Also, with the keyboard plugged in, the light feature shuts off after only 20. seconds. This of course will all be in my review, but it looks like it may be Wednesday before I can get to it, and I'm also one video behind already.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

20 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Time for a replacement?

We'll see.  I pulled out my old Logitech MK710 because at least the keys don't fail to register as much as on the AZIO.  Keyboards seem to be like office chairs, in that they seem to be built to be replaced every few years.  I miss the old days when things were built to last.  

** EDIT **

I'll only have to use the old Logitech for a day, as I bought a replacement.

Edited by - Ω -
UPDATE

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Okay, in the past few years I've gone through multiple keyboards.  I'm done with membrane keyboards, no more Logitech keyboards, and forget the AZIO as well.  I went online looking for a PREMIUM keyboard and said, "Screw the cost!"  Now I hope in a year or two I don't find that I made a mistake and do a follow up post saying as much, but I bought a new keyboard today.   Anyway, this is what I went with...

KEYBOARD.JPG.2c289a0b049ea2c93ce9c3c4226ead87.JPG

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

The ONLY Razor keyboard I've owned was my Tron keyboard. And it worked okay but the oversized keys on it made it a pain to type on and the sound effects it was supposed to make never did work quite right on it.

I'm currently using a SteelSeries Apex Pro on my main gaming PC. It is much better but the added Oled screen hasn't really been as useful as I had hoped it would be. I had a Logitech mechanical prior to this that was one of their top rated keyboards. But... after having 3 key tops literally snap off the posts and them wanting $100 to send me replacement keys I said screw it.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-pro

My absolute favorite keyboard though is the one I can never use because my Wife cannot handle the noise. I have an actual 1987 made IBM Model M mechanical with a PS2 interface on it and yes even my current PC still came with one PS2 port on it. But yeah...she can't handle the noise from it at all. Too bad because I love typing on that keyboard.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Yeah, I looked at that Steel Series keyboard as well, but since I do a lot of video and audio stuff, I thought the macro keys and the nice barrel style volume control might be nice.  One one mistake I made while ordering was getting the GREEN keys instead of the YELLOW.  In the end though I don't think that will be much of a problem since I'm not really much of a PC gamer.  

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Okay, I figured it was time for an update...

First off, this is the best keyboard I've ever owned in my life.  The function keys make life so much easier, the volume control and media adjustments are great, the control over the lighting options are unmatched.  The software works seamlessly with other programs and the audible clicks are very satisfying and keyboard travel is awesome.  The build quality is top notch too.  Now this is a full sized keyboard so if you have space limitations it's probably not for you.

fS1oiro.png

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

On 8/31/2023 at 7:38 PM, - Ω - said:

Okay, I figured it was time for an update...

First off, this is the best keyboard I've ever owned in my life.  The function keys make life so much easier, the volume control and media adjustments are great, the control over the lighting options are unmatched.  The software works seamlessly with other programs and the audible clicks are very satisfying and keyboard travel is awesome.  The build quality is top notch too.  Now this is a full sized keyboard so if you have space limitations it's probably not for you.

fS1oiro.png

That looks really nice imho, hope it serves you well. 

On 8/31/2023 at 8:23 PM, TrekMD said:

Glad you are happy with the keyboard.  I prefer the Logitech Wave Keyboard...

LogitechWave.png.26f9c14e8c1b46d7df46ffcb0d7646a1.png

Totally had that and enjoyed it, as well as a very similar-looking Microsoft version, but this one I had for years until I literally wore it out. Today I am using the cheapo generic small keyboard that came with our newer LENOVO Legion Desktop,🤷‍♂️ it's "good enough" as our keyboard space is constrained.  Never had anything too fancy or pricey, the previous main desktop now used as a secondary bedroom PC came with more RGB options but I STILL swapped it out with one from a couple of spare Lenovo Business Keyboards my wife got when they upgraded them from her IT job, no flashy lights or anything fancy but good quality well working since they were for the office. As well admittedly besides a couple of mice, I been pretty lucky finding either wireless Logitech mice in our electronics recycling over the years, I assume upgraded but they were still like new so score, missing only the dongles but they synced just fine with the universal Logitech dongle I had from a previous peripherals as they accept several peripherals simultaneously. 

s-l1200.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison