Another Benchmark for your Modern PC - Passmark

RickR

It's just interesting to me to know how my PC compares to others'.  Give it a try and lets compare results.  

Here's a link to the Passmark benchmark program (available for many platforms):  https://www.passmark.com/products/performancetest/download.php

And here's my score.  My computer is pretty old, and the video card was "budget choice" when I got it.  So I'm pretty happy with these results.

image.png.7028eb18e021ce1133cd4aa4ee1c82b3.png

I built my current PC back in the summer of 2019 I believe it was . It is an Intel i7-9900k that I have running at about 4.7ghz constant. I say about because I originally had it running at 4.9ghz steady and then it appears this is my first CPU to suffer some internal damage from overclocking it in all my years. It started to cause random resets on the system and other odd stuff I couldn't figure out. Although the temps on it never exceeded 80C that I could ever find. Anyway, I then reset the BIOS to auto across the board as would be normal when first putting one together, and for some odd reason the CPU now stays clocked between 4.3 - 4.8ghz on its own even with the clock speed set to auto in the BIOS. So it would seem my CPU and or motherboard have issues. But it still gets the job done. I'm running 3600mhz DDR4 with all 4 slots filled for a current total of 32gb. I've got an RTX 2070Super running at stock speeds for graphics and still use a discreet soundcard. A Soundblaster Zxr that I've had for a number of years. As for my storage that would likely show an even faster score except that I'm still running 2 WS black caviar 7800rpm spinners in a RAID 0 stripe as part of my storage. But the main OS resides on a 970 pro NVMe with a second set of 960pro SSDs in another RAID 0 stripe configuration. The bulk of the important stuff I need is on the NVMe but all the games, scratch disk space, and not nearly as critical stuff resides on the striped arrays.

Oh...my motherboard is an MSI z390 series which, at the time was pretty high end but is several generations behind currently.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

That's a nice setup.  And I think we all have some pretty good scores here. 

I recently tried the new "Halo Infinite" demo with my son.  I was mostly interested in how my oldish computer would do with it.  And it did fine at 1080p with low settings.  In my case, it seems to be the video card that holds me back on the newest games.  But for whatever reason, new video cards have been way overpriced for years.  It used to be you could plop down $150 on a new card that would pull you up to the low end of the newest requirements, but that is no longer true.

My setup:

CPU:  Intel Core i7-7700k
MB:  ASUS H270F Gaming
Memory:  32GB DDR4
Video:  AMD Radeon R9-285 (2GB)
Drives:  Intel M2 512GB SSD and HGST 4TB HDD

Yeah, when I bought my RTX 2070, it was only a few months after the they had been released. But I ended up buying it because I was actually in the process of building a new gaming PC for my youngest son and was going to buy him a GTX 1070 as I had in my current PC at that time. But when I saw that GTX 1070s were only like $50 less than the current gen 2070 at the time, I went ahead and bought the 2070 and then put my old GTX 1070 into his computer. So I ended up paying like $325 for this 2070 super I have right now. Guess I bought it at the right time because there is NO way you can get something like that now for near that price with the current bit mining craze and general shortages taking place.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Mine is around three years old now too, I usually upgrade every seven years, which is around 2025.  Next time it'll probably be my last PC too, so I'm going to remove all the stops and go top of the line (whatever that may be).  My current specs are fine for 1080p, but not for 4K.  I'll also go with a fancy monitor then as well, maybe three.  

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB
SSD: Toshiba XG5 NVMe PCIe M.2 256GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB
USB: WD My Passport 259F 3TB
USB: WD Elements 25A3 8TB
RAM: Unknown HMA81GU6CJR8N-VK 4x8GB
MBD: Dell XPS 8930

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

1 hour ago, - Ω - said:

If you want inflated results, with a non-download benchmark test << CLICK HERE >>  It'll make anyone with a slow computer feel better.  Here are my results... 😄

Test.PNG.ad4c5bbd30d3690be6b2c2b687d4cdd6.PNG

I'll have to test my system.  LOL  My computer is older so I won't complain.  It does everything I need just fine.  :)

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

I got the exact same score that @- Ω - did. Exactly the same results LOL.

I can remember when that other benchmark we were playing with...Userbenchmark I think it was? I used to get awesome scores on that. Not so much anymore with the release of newer hardware since then LOL!

7 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I upgraded mine with SSD's to replace the HDD's and that alone made a difference in performance.  Something you may want to consider. 

That is very good advice!  An SSD for the OS and all of your most used programs is really helpful for speed.  I also use a file on it when I'm actively working with video or music files, once complete they go to separate conventional swappable 8TB drives.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>