Begun it has. Screwed the market is. ;)

Rowsdower70

I guess Gamestop figured there's not much of a market for them.  

Considering how long I've sold Atari stuff at the flea market, I'd tend to agree.    Sad, but true.

Perhaps it will gain more popularity as retro-gaming continues to surge.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

No, the console prices actually made me re-think my flea market pricing.   Dropping my N64 to 45 (w/ 2 controllers) I've always sold Genesis for $30, NES I'll still sell for $60 with 2 controllers just because it looks like Gamestop probably won't have those in stock often for now.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Console prices are ok, but game prices are pretty high, even compared to the going rate on ebay.

Honestly, I don't see this having a big affect on current market prices.

Also, I notice, they are only selling big name games for the most part with most system games not listed.

I wonder what they are doing with the large number of common carts they must have received.

Trashing them?

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Also, I notice, they are only selling big name games for the most part with most system games not listed.

I wonder what they are doing with the large number of common carts they must have received.

Trashing them?

I thought they only took in certain titles? Pretty much the same titles they are selling on the site. So then they wouldn't be stuck with all of the commons..........

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

What happened to atari games?

Maybe adding to the site ......later on?

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Console prices are ok, but game prices are pretty high, even compared to the going rate on ebay.

Honestly, I don't see this having a big affect on current market prices.

Trashing them?

I think they're only taking the ones on the "list" you see floating around, and so far nothing over 100 bucks either.

Archived