Yes, it's time to start thinking about new toys for Christmas! (Post cool gadgets only)

- Ω -

Every year around this time I treat myself to at least one new item for my den.  This year I gotta keep the price to a minimum as I've gone 'berzerk' this year on acquisitions.  So, what do you guys plan on getting?  Since I had to cheap out this year, I decided to go with << THIS ITEM >>

61oyXvtM3gL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Hmm... this is tough for me because I don't really plan on anything I get for my game room. Just kinda find something that interest me and get it if I'm able at that time. But... I do have some recent stuff I've bought that I haven't mentioned here. I did mention the little Dell opti 9020 micro PC I picked up for cheap and currently have in a temp location in the game room for streaming and recording game footage. I also got one of the Zelda game and watches and that is in the display case in the game room with other Zelda related stuff. But that is it for the game room. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

9 hours ago, RickR said:

I got one like this for my wife about a year+ ago, and it's been rock solid.  We both love it because it makes no noise and doesn't take up much desk space. 

It is an older model from like 4 or 5 years ago. But it has 16gb of RAM and I went ahead and installed a 500gb m.2 SSD internally so along with the 500gb spinner it already had it has a full 1TB of storage in it. And it seems to be decent enough at streaming 1080p provided my upstream on the ISP is good.

And yes, it is very TINY and pretty quiet although mine can get to being heard once I've been streaming for a few minutes.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Well, I found a PC in our dumpster about a week ago and while I had no interest in the ITX motherboard I did claim the wireless card and 1 TB Toshiba HDD.  Those were put in my gaming rig and working perfectly.  My brother in law is part of some kind of a testing program and gave me a brand new HP x32c computer monitor.  I'd say my Christmas has come a bit early.

The biggest thing is we are moving across town from a 1 bedroom to a 3 bedroom apartment.  I'm not quite sure how long it will take to move but hopefully we will be settled before Christmas day.

If I was to wish for anything I believe I would have to wish for our new place to be a blessing and not a burden.  That and maybe finally get our own washer and dryer.  I have plenty of video games to last me the rest of my life.  Yes, there are some I'm after, especially for the Japanese consoles I imported, but if I didn't get any more video games I'd be happy with I have.  I have a pretty good library of games.  If I could I'd gift myself a PS3.  That's the last one I'm after.

9 hours ago, TrekMD said:

A Pixel 6 Pro, a Nest Hub, and a Pixel wireless charger.  😉

Nice, but the lens arrangement on that unit gives me pause.  First it's not flush, it sticks out, which looks like it could possibly get caught on something and get all scratched up which would degrade photo quality over time.

Lenses.PNG.5f302f05b5152f946511550158b82996.PNG

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

That's why I use a case.  It protects the lens.  Also, this is using the latest Gorilla Glass, which is pretty hard to damage.

I purchased a Pixel 4a about 4 months ago (I know, old phone, but it was in my price range and I love the small size).  It also has a camera lens that sticks out a bit.  A simple silicone case is all it took to protect that.  My last several phones were Samsung.  And while they worked ok, I hated the Samsung bloatware that hogged all the storage and you couldn't uninstall.  Google phones don't have anything like that.  I love the phone so far, and I really like the huge 128GB storage.

Both of my kids decided to buy the iPhone (whatever the new version # is, but they got the small version).  They like it very much. 

I hope Santa brings you that Pixel 6pro, and if he does, please let us know how you like it. 

<< This is one gadget >> many could use on their "Retro Consoles" to make videos.  Plug it in, record the output then stick the SD card in your computer to edit.

There is one drawback (for the price), it'll only do 720 X 480 SD like what the retro video games and VCR's used to output.  You'll have to scale it in the editing software.  I can see the convenience of taking the tiny device to the game machine instead of tearing everything down and moving the consoles to the computer.

Device.jpg.44b038f8fe00d9c4326f59dcace64673.jpg

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Besides Composite, it'll also take S-Video which makes me wonder, if it'll work with UAV output on my 5200?  It  has HDMI output too, so it APPEARS you can stick it in-line with the newer TV's that do NOT have S-Video, so besides that. you can record your playing 'skillz' for all to witness in the online contests.

Inline.jpg.bef0a52345f8430dc59ec35ddc8f1eb0.jpg

There is a review video on YouTube...

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Does your coffee get cold before you drink the whole cup?  Why not cover the cup... WITH A STIRLING ENGINE?  << HERE >>

Not only will your coffee stay hotter longer, you'll be able to tell when it starts cooling down by the speed of the flywheel!

81UJKnfvCnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This one was too good to pass up!

Yup.JPG.c3b8abd22c262c12217f78f52e32ca0c.JPG

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>